Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tuner pre purchase questions

I know one of the things that that is keeping me from tuning are for the '13 SHO' date=' we only have the equivalent of a LMS stage 1 tune. Most people who are tuned, that herald how the car feels and performs after getting tuned, are running LMS stage 4. Since initially tuning a '13 SHO, I’ve not see anything from LMS about more options coming out.[/quote']

Our 93 tuning for the 2013 cars is equivalent to the stage 4+ for the 2010-12 cars. The 91 tune is a slightly modified version of it. A member here with 93 tune only went 12.8X in a 2013.

Did any of you put the 170 degree thermostat in with the tune? Is that something I should consider prior to tuning?

The 170 t-stat will provide the best possible coolant temps and heat dissipation from your setup along with reduced warm up times and better cold weather performance when compared to a t-stat with holes drilled in the diaphragm. We believe the 170° opening temp is the ideal balance for high performance engines, providing high flow to your radiator by mid-180 temps while still maintaining a good level of all season performance. With proper fan settings your cruising temps in cool weather will be in the 170s and in hot weather the 180s, giving those running high levels of timing and/or boost added protection against engine damaging detonation as well as maximum power output.

Thank you,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
Our 93 tuning for the 2013 cars is equivalent to the stage 4+ for the 2010-12 cars. The 91 tune is a slightly modified version of it. A member here with 93 tune only went 12.8X in a 2013.

Rick

Unfortunately I live in colorado. 91 is the highest oct avail here unless you are at the track. However e85 is widely available and I have even found a couple e100 pumps. Is there plans for an e85 tune in development?

Unfortunately I live in colorado. 91 is the highest oct avail here unless you are at the track. However e85 is widely available and I have even found a couple e100 pumps. Is there plans for an e85 tune in development?

Its my understanding our cars maybe able to run e85 with tune for, but as for power increases the fuel system can not support additional fuel requirements. As e85 requires 30% more fuel just to maintain stock power levels.

I hope this makes sense? I don't claim to be expert on, but from what I've read on the subject this my understanding. Hopefully Rick can provide us with experts opinion on.

Its my understanding our cars maybe able to run e85 with tune for, but as for power increases the fuel system can not support additional fuel requirements. As e85 requires 30% more fuel just to maintain stock power levels.

I hope this makes sense? I don't claim to be expert on, but from what I've read on the subject this my understanding. Hopefully Rick can provide us with experts opinion on.

Yes but our cars are Direct Injected which means very high common rail injection - as long as the main in tank pump supports the extra pressure it should have no problems with the fuel getting too hot / not reaching lambda.

Here is a good article

http://e85vehicles.com/e85/index.php?topic=4031.0

Some more interesting reading - guy with ms3 (with d/i) and his finding with the high pressure fuel pump

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f567/e85-discussion-hpfp-lubrication-flow-issues-79030/