Ecoboost Owner Forums

Sho review and drift attempt fail

The 2013 non pp SHOs came standard with the 19 inch, but the 20's were available as an option. The 20 inch rims were standard on the PP.

I believe this was also the case for the 10-12 SHOs.

Yes that is correct. In 2010 I saw 1 car at the dealer with the wheels only opt,2011 2-3 more,2012 a lot more an not many 12 every hit dealer before 13 got here. But at $600 wheels only & $1000 for 12S(PP), Why not buy 12S? 2013 if wheels only is still $600 but 12S-PP went up to $2000. There will be alot more wheels only car just for the look. I think this what happen to the AUTOHOLICS guy.

Yes that is correct. In 2010 I saw 1 car at the dealer with the wheels only opt' date='2011 2-3 more,2012 a lot more an not many 12 every hit dealer before 13 got here. But at $600 wheels only & $1000 for 12S(PP), Why not buy 12S? 2013 if wheels only is still $600 but 12S-PP went up to $2000. There will be alot more wheels only car just for the look. I think this what happen to the AUTOHOLICS guy.[/quote']

I agree that for 400$ you get the real PP, that is a good offer. In CAnada, at least for the 2010 like I have, the PP was not available. But all-in, I am happy with it because once you lower it with H&R's and you put decent brake pads and/or rotors, you get a custom PP, but you still can have a spare wheel and ACC, just the gear ratio that changes, but personally, I prefer the gear ratio of the non-PP as it gets you to 60mph in second gear.

And the "wheels only" option got you the all-season tires which I suspect do better in less than ideal weather, would not prevent you from getting the adaptive cruise, and also the less jarring ride. I can see a lot of folks opting for the wheels only to get the look without wanting the other features of the PP. For someone that's using the SHO as a daily driver, I don't imagine the upgraded PP brake pads would be all that appealing either. And, as already mentioned, there's some comfort in having an actual spare wheel and tire as well versus the can of flat fix and compressor.

-Rod

ACC=non PP. And it is me that has tried to retro fit PP auxiliary to a car that has ACC. There isn't room for both with current configuration and therefore reason why you can't have both options. And for those that are still wondering about, I have yet to try and find a work around. But I believe its do able, hopefully over Xmas break I will dig in to.