Ecoboost Owner Forums

New guy ~ Need pics & feedback of 2012-13 lowered!

Not new to heavily modifying vehicles by any means. My garage queen is the love of my life!! wub.gif Honestly, I'm a heavy Mopar lover, that recently traded TWO Mopars for my first "blue ovals" in years, lol. (traded a 2012 Wrangler JKU & a 2007 Cherokee SRT8)

Anyway, I pick up my new DD, which is a 2013 SHO, tomorrow. First on the agenda are: Full debadge, paint correction, window tint, and lowering.

Glad to be a part of a new forum and a new brand for me!! My specialty is detailing. And I don't mean just "car washing." I mean full-on, paint correction, Flex Polisher, Master Detailer, high skill level, 100% perfection, OCD, total quality, as-a-career, this-is-what-I-do, only the finest products & tools, type of detailing, lol. Just wanted to offer up my expertise if any of you guys are looking for CORRECT advice on PROPER detailing technique. cool.gif

I'm simply looking for pictures and feedback from those that have lowered their 2012 or 2013 SHO on either the Eibach or H&R springs!! Ride quality? Alignment? Any issues? Still ride like stock? (searched some pics, but haven't seen many good ones)

Thanks in advance all!! biggrin.gif

So what products do you use for detailing? I haven't invested in a Flex yet but am using a PC for most of my machine polishing.

I primarily use Adam's Polishes!! 95% of my arsenal is their product!! All made in the USA, right down to the packaging. The microfibers are the softest thing you'll ever have touch your paint. There's only two products I use that aren't Adam's, and it's simply because they don't offer a similar item in their lineup. Technique, product, and tools are the secret my friend. Most people jack up their OWN PAINT, because they haven't the slightest clue as to how to properly care for it. :frusty:

Thanks for the welcome boys. Here's a slight teaser of the Charger...........

20120820-WIT_1037.jpg

20120820-WIT_0732.jpg

Don't have to sell me on Adam's...I've been friends with Adam for many years and have been using his products since before he offered a wax. Kinda funny because the first year I was at Carlisle with Adam, he was thinking seriously of discontinuing Brilliance, but since it is one of my favors, I talked him into keeping it in the line-up...now called Brilliant Glaze, it is still one of my favorite products, using it as a final prep before waxing will make the wax really pop and does add depth to the finish.

as per your request sir. Welcome aboard!

Mine is a 2010 with H&R. Rides well, enough comfort and much better launching, handling and feeling.

[ATTACH]1452[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1453[/ATTACH]

You can see below the silver SHO to the left is the only one not lowered, at least for the older models.[ATTACH]1454[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1455[/ATTACH]

post-379-142532289234_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289237_thumb.jpg

post-379-14253228924_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289244_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289234_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289237_thumb.jpg

post-379-14253228924_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289244_thumb.jpg

Alright. THANK YOU BUDDY!!!

So I have a few questions.......

Any issues with bottoming out?? Either on the bumpstops OR in the fender wells??

After alignment, how's things? Are you chewing through tires? Or did you get her setup just fine?

What's YOUR OPINION of ride quality compared to stock?

Thanks so much man! Again, this will be my daily driver, and with a baby boy on the way, I wanna make sure she's low & mean. But it has to be efficient also. Can't be dumping money into this thing (that's reserved for my Charger, lol).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1456[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1458[/ATTACH]

Stock

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1459[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1460[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1461[/ATTACH]

After install of Eibach springs.

The drop was between 7/8 and 1 1/16, avg was 15/16". The ride is much better than stock, about 15% firmer, less body roll and a more connected feel to the road (got rid of the video simulator feel).

I may still go to the H&Rs because I still think it is too high in the rear.

There's a Eibach vs H&R thread in discussions, and I'll post there once i get better pictures and do a final measurement after spring settling.

post-895-142532289247_thumb.jpg

post-895-14253228925_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289253_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289256_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289259_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289262_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289247_thumb.jpg

post-895-14253228925_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289253_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289256_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289259_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532289262_thumb.jpg

So I have a few questions.......

Any issues with bottoming out??

Either on the bumpstops OR in the fender wells??

After alignment, how's things? Are you chewing through tires? Or did you get her setup just fine?

What's YOUR OPINION of ride quality compared to stock?

Welcome aboard EBOF for the record :welcome:

Glad to have you here. Former big MOPAR nut myself. My modded 2010 SHO is also my 1st, personally owned Ford product.

VERY happy with it! Couldn't dream of not having owned it at this point.

Look forward to your involvement here :thumb:

From one big car modder, to another, very very cool.

In regards to your questions, I've had the H&R's installed now for, oh hell, idk..... like 40K+ miles now?

No issues throughout. I was instrumental in utilizing contacts at H&R to help in locating the proper adjustable cam bolts to aid in achieving alignment specs (post install).

Love 'em! Ride is not harsh, and as others have posted, it improved the 1/4mi times slightly.

I have only LIGHTLY rubbed the inner fenders on 2 occasions. Both were when I had the car loaded down with an entire sh!t load of stuff, including carpeting, etc. when headed to car shows.

So, as long as you don't have a TON of weight loading down your SHO, you'll be just fine.

Any other questions, feel free to post up. This community here on EBOF has really developed rather nicely.

We have a lot of knowledgeable, helpful, and contributing members here.

Mike :yo:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1456[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1458[/ATTACH]

Stock

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1459[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1460[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1461[/ATTACH]

After install of Eibach springs.

The drop was between 7/8 and 1 1/16, avg was 15/16". The ride is much better than stock, about 15% firmer, less body roll and a more connected feel to the road (got rid of the video simulator feel).

I may still go to the H&Rs because I still think it is too high in the rear.

There's a Eibach vs H&R thread in discussions, and I'll post there once i get better pictures and do a final measurement after spring settling.

Actually it was in Chassis suspension. There are some comparisons between the two springs, here's the link.

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?1332-H-amp-R-spring-car-beside-Eibach-pics

Thanks man. Yeah, I saw those pics when I originally searched, they didn't help me at all, since you can't tell a single damn thing from those angles, lol. Good lookin' out though!! :)

Did someone say....... CHARGER?

Newcarpetingforshows003.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows004.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows002.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows008.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows009.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows007.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows006.jpg

TrunkInteriorJUN09.jpg

OrangeStuff001.jpg

OrangeStuff003.jpg

Rearshot3closeup.jpg

I can see our tastes and styles are INCREDIBLY different. :)

Welcome aboard EBOF for the record :welcome:

Glad to have you here. Former big MOPAR nut myself. My modded 2010 SHO is also my 1st, personally owned Ford product.

VERY happy with it! Couldn't dream of not having owned it at this point.

Look forward to your involvement here :thumb:

From one big car modder, to another, very very cool.

In regards to your questions, I've had the H&R's installed now for, oh hell, idk..... like 40K+ miles now?

No issues throughout. I was instrumental in utilizing contacts at H&R to help in locating the proper adjustable cam bolts to aid in achieving alignment specs (post install).

Love 'em! Ride is not harsh, and as others have posted, it improved the 1/4mi times slightly.

I have only LIGHTLY rubbed the inner fenders on 2 occasions. Both were when I had the car loaded down with an entire sh!t load of stuff, including carpeting, etc. when headed to car shows.

So, as long as you don't have a TON of weight loading down your SHO, you'll be just fine.

Any other questions, feel free to post up. This community here on EBOF has really developed rather nicely.

THIS is what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the info!! :) Sounds like I'll be going with H&R. :) Preciate the help and direction!! Many thanks!!

Thanks so much for the info!! :) Sounds like I'll be going with H&R. :) Preciate the help and direction!! Many thanks!!

No problem on the info.

I should have also stipulated that with the stock/OEM wheels and tires, I NEVER once rub, or scraped, or anything of that sort.

The 2 times I did experience inner wheel liner rub was with my aftermarket, staggered wheel set up (20x10's in the rear). So umm yea.....

Many people have spoken highly of BOTH H&R's, as well as the Eibach's.

For me personally though, I preferred the bigger drop with the H&R's.

Originally Posted by SHOdded

Waiting for BPD (Mike) to chime in here. I believe he had a decked out Charger as well, nice piece of hot roddery.

Did someone say....... CHARGER?

sho-off next you are going to tell us the girl by her self is your wife and the other two are her friend who likes to come over late at night.LOL

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but Mike, could you please share the camber bolts informations you use with the H&R? I search a lot for it but have yet to found something... Thank you!

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but Mike, could you please share the camber bolts informations you use with the H&R?

I search a lot for it but have yet to found something... Thank you!

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?t=103

"How-To" Get Your Lowered SHO Back Into OEM Alignment Specs...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

So SHO Detailer. Care to share any tips on touching up stone chips etc.? I have been using Lanka' date=' but it doesn't always work the best because of the metallic in the paint. Any tips?[/quote']

That's always a tough area bro. Anything short of repainting the area, will always look less than 100%. I just use OEM touch up paint. You can always level it a bit with 3000 grit on the eraser end of a pencil after it's cured, followed by polishing. But this is always a tricky area of detailing, so I feel your pain.

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?t=103

"How-To" Get Your Lowered SHO Back Into OEM Alignment Specs...

Very helpful!! Thanks again!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just did my 2013 ..... Bad weather here in Houston.

image3.jpg[/url]

Thanks Boggus! That helps for sure! I assume H&R?? That's how I'm leaning now. I dig it. Preciate any other pics or feedback. Will probably order springs inside the month, after I button up some final things on the Charger for an upcoming big show.....