Ecoboost Owner Forums

Jan 1 race

Paulford8

Here is my best run. I had beat a guy from work with a quick talon earlier in 2012. He wanted a re-match and talked tons of smack (steelblue heard some of it). So we line up and he starts with 4 cylinders but ends with 3.

My race with him was my best run traction and et. I spun in 1st and 2nd on this run but the 1.8 60 and 8.0 1/8 mean I must have hooked enough. I think she had 12.3s in her today but there were so many cars.... Lots of break downs too. Truck shot a back wheel off, Mustang dropped trans, CRV popped front driveshaft off....

I also think 20" wheels would have helped with traction and trap. My best runs were all 111 trap, little bigger wheel mean a little faster?

IMG-page-001_zps70b09725.jpg

BTW nice to meet you SteelBlue (Mike right?)! We will have to see if we can get a few more SHO's to Cordova this year on one of the open track days. I know yours will be quicker. In crappy conditions with a full tank of gas you ran what they are suppose to run stock. Better track and 1/4 tank of gas your high 13s.

Paul & Mike sound like you guys had a great time!! Mike I ran 13.7 @ 97deg with a full tank to but I was running 93 oct and a K&N FILTER IN THE STOCK AIR BOX. This Dyno at 298whp about 30hp more than 87 oct. I know you will be tune soon but 97oct makes a drifferents even on a stock car!!!!!!

Yeah i was eating a cookie had to clean up the crumbs' date=' plus I don't like to chew and drive.:drum:[/quote']

I will even give you the benefit it does look like a mistake....watched the first video of you and the Camaro and it looked like you cut a really nice light...so I will not bust you too hard about the bad light....I've had plenty of those in my days too!

Here are the pics that the dragway had taken 1 or 2 of me and like 4 or 5 of Pauls car in there.http://magic-photos.com/2011/Hangover%20Fest%201-1-13/

Nice photos, thanks for posting...although it made me shutter to see a truck with a plow on the track!!! I have to say that the track looked in rather good shape for this time of year...how was the traction?

Well traction was OK for the conditions. I spun in 1st and 2nd but last time out with the methanol I spun in 1st and 2nd. The slow down/run off had some posts... So you over 100 MPH and see ice patches coming up. Nobody wrecked in the slow down but I talked to a guy that ran 11.9 said he had more and was scared to push hard for fear of not getting stopped.

All and all though it was fun. Super cold but at least the sun was out!

Wife was doing the video, told her to zoom in at the time board after each run(may need a better camera) and didnt see any of the video's til after we were done. So I couldn't criticize her too much, plus she stood out in the cold most of the time. People around her were all talking about the SHO's and asking her questions, you can hear some comments on the vid's.

Looks like you guys had a great time despite the cold (it was to be expected)... I actually would wish to try dragging in those conditions. With your 60ft it looks lime even if you were spinning, you actually were moving forward pretty well.

Do you know by any chance what was the DA for that day?

Steel: you will love the xpipe with exhaust! You should have it tuned accordingly for optimal performance...