Ecoboost Owner Forums

Thought I'd share

I purchased my SHO a few months ago and I think I'll be trading it in. I figured I'd post up a few pics and get some feedback. I had 2 wheels scrapped by the alignment shop a month or so after getting it, after all said and done I ended up getting new wheels. The latest, a few days before Xmas I was leaving DD from my routine morning coffee and bagel and a woman ran a stop sign as I approached. I see at the last second she isn't stopping so I come to a complete stop. I'm a bit in her line but in my right of way none the less. She never saw me and she clipped the front bumper and scrapped it up a bit. So after taking the car to the body shop I picked it up on Saturday. I was having the body shop paint the grille and fog light housing body color. Well I got it and it was painted flat black, it looks like they used plastic-dip and they installed the lower grille opening from the SE so I'm a bit frustrated to say the least. Got a rental lined up for tomorrow so they car get this sorted out. Here's my 1SLOSHO

[ATTACH]1530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1529[/ATTACH]

post-769-142532295423_thumb.jpg

post-769-142532295428_thumb.jpg

post-769-142532295428_thumb.jpg

Sssssssooooooo you're thinking about trading it in why?

The two issues you've stated you've experienced were due entirely to other people's negligence.

I LOVE that second image you posted as the wheels look pretty sick :thumb:

Have your alignment shop replace the wheels they damaged, and the body shop you chose to take your car to for repairs, complete said repairs to your satisfaction.

It's unacceptable to have an entirely wrong piece (lower grille insert in this case) to be installed, and the paint work being sub-par is also incredibly unacceptable. Especially in today's quality standards. Sounds like you need a new body shop IMHO :noidea:

Inconvenient? Absolutely. But nothing that isn't easily remedied.

Unless of course you're just one of those skeptics that embraces the mantra of bad things occurring in three's..... then you've got two under your belt as it stands.

I hear the 2013's are an incredible improvement over prior model year's, and if you're inclined, there have been lil birdie's whispering in my ear about all the dramatic changes coming forth for the entirely re-designed 2015 models!

So either which way you choose, you're still in good standing from my perspective.

Best of luck :yo:

Just an update. Got the car back from the body shop, I think it should have came like this from the factory. Lets face it out grille a front bumper is the same for the limited also. No real distinction for our unique cars. Also got the tune in it stage 4 baby! Pulls good. Can't wait to race my buddy's 2013 GT. he drove it today and says it hauls ass lol. Thanks Rick.

[ATTACH]1560[/ATTACH]

post-769-142532289716_thumb.jpg

post-769-142532289723_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]1560[/ATTACH]

Going to spray the chrome trim ring on the lower grille opening next weekend.

Actually, call me odd......

But I think that very small amount of chrome all along the outer edge(s) of the lower grille opening looks sharp.

It really plays off the small lines of chrome / polished aluminum on your wheels, and with the chrome exhaust tips, and not sure if you retained the small chrome surround(s) along the windows.....

But I think it ties it all in, as one complete pkg, rather effectively.

From front to rear, top to bottom.

Looks sharp. If it was me, I'd leave it be.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, call me odd......

But I think that very small amount of chrome all along the outer edge(s) of the lower grille opening looks sharp.

It really plays off the small lines of chrome / polished aluminum on your wheels, and with the chrome exhaust tips, and not sure if you retained the small chrome surround(s) along the windows.....

But I think it ties it all in, as one complete pkg, rather effectively.

From front to rear, top to bottom.

Looks sharp. If it was me, I'd leave it be.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

i agree. looks great.

• 4 weeks later...