Ecoboost Owner Forums

Bonney Lake, WA

elund126

Welcome aboard :welcome:

I firmly believe you will come to enjoy our EBOF community, as much as you come to enjoying your new to you SHO :thumb:

Lots of helpful people here, as well as a small contingent of outstanding, forums supporting vendors with wonderful aftermarket product available.

A few pics when time permits, and once again, welcome aboard.

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I will post some pictures soon. I'm a little picky about taking pics when the car is NOT clean. It was 19 degrees this morning and my hose has been frozen for a few days straight. It's black, with black interior. I can't find an option that it doesn't have. So far, I love the car, except for the rattling sun screen in the back window!!

Also, I will be focused on the TV today watching the Seahawks beat the Falcons!! 12!!!!

There's a TSB on the rear sun shade rattle, so if that's the only thing you've noticed, and that TSB was never performed, well then, there 'ya go :thumb:

Also, I have routinely washed my vehicles in my garage during the Winter months.

What I do is heat the garage with one of those propane fueled, torpedo type heating units, open the overhead garage door about a 1/4-1/2" or so to let the water run out and I hook up one of my garden hoses to the the hot water tap in my laundry room.

I'll run a 'Y' splitter, with one side going to the laundry washing machine, the other to the garden hose.

This does the trick at least until I install a separate heater in the garage, and it's own dedicated water service.

Hopefully the suggestions help, cuz I know it can get pretty damn cold here in Chi-Town when Mother Nature chooses it to be.

Do they still perform TSB repairs if the car is out of warranty? If they are going to charge me' date=' I will take it apart myself for free and fix it. I love that TSB. Put foam tape on everything and reprogram the radio so it doesn't have so much bass! That's pretty sad.[/quote']

Unfortunately TSB only apply while under warranty as they are not the same as a recall.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good! That kind of cleanup requires some serious OCD ;)

I've been detailing cars for awhile during my off days from my real job. My wife thinks I have OCD too. But, the whole reason the paint was trashed in the first place was running the car through the automatic car wash. That is so bad for your paint. For a 2 year old car, the paint was absolutely horrible. I'm glad I was able to correct it!!!

I've been detailing cars for awhile during my off days from my real job. My wife thinks I have OCD too. But' date=' the whole reason the paint was trashed in the first place was running the car through the automatic car wash. That is so bad for your paint. For a 2 year old car, the paint was absolutely horrible. I'm glad I was able to correct it!!![/quote']

You are so right, I keep telling my wife not to use the automatic washes but she still does, but on the bright side, not on the SHO. It may occasionally go through a pressure wash, but never, never anything that touches the car...and when it does go to a pressure wash, I always hand wash it. Normally, it's the good old 2 bucket wash method for me.