Ecoboost Owner Forums

Muffler leaking water??

Just pulled the SHO out of the garage this morning....notice staining on the floor :RpS_huh: as I checked it out, it looks like carbon from the muffler. With the car running, I noticed water dripping from muffler (not tailpipe). Now the only modifications to the car recently was the installation of the gauges/pod. I use 93/94 fuel. Is it possible that the gauges could be the culprit? The gauges that I installed are water temp, oil pressure and boost.

Any one have any suggestions?

I agree sounds normal to me, and after seeing all the stuff in the muffler, it isn't surprising that water collects in these mufflers...besides it occurs in almost all vehicles, I've owned a few that had water drip from the tips of the exhaust. One of the things that helps prevent that is running the vehicle on longer trips so that the exhaust can get hot enough to evaporate all the water in the system.

Yep, it's normal. It's probably a mix between condensation and moisture that's a product of the catalytic converters doing their job, converting unburned fuel to water. If it's continually occurring, even after a long drive, or the converters are getting hot, then you probably have a rich fuel mixture and would need to get that checked out.

-Rod

Archived