Ecoboost Owner Forums

new 2013 taurus SEL 2.0L ecoboost owner!

jerry in pitt pa

Hi,

Picked up my new 2013 Taurus SEL with 2.0L ecoboost last Saturday, test drove a 3.5L & 2.0L and can't really tell the difference, getting about 30 mpg on highway.

Ford is rebating $4250 on Taurus & the dealer discounted another $1750, $6K under msrp/sticker is a good deal! This car is replacing my 93 Town Car, my other ride is a 2011 F150 5.0L.

So the Taurus is a down size for me, also a mpg increase!

Jerry

Welcome! :welcome:

Our EBOF family is expanding daily, so it's great to have you on board.

I can't think off hand, if we have any 2.0L EB owners here yet :noidea:

I do believe you are the 1st.

That said, engine bay pics for sure, as well as any specs you may be able to provide, would be downright awesome! :thumb:

We look forward to your involvement here, and hearing all about your experiences with that boosted SEL.

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome! I have to admit though, when I first read your post, I thought it said you drove a 3.5 Eco and 2.0 Eco and couldn't tell the difference...and I was like "WHAT"??????? Now it makes more sense as I can definitely see an NA 3.5 and 2.0 Eco performing similarly.

Welcome! I really wanted to drive the 2.0 when I got my SHO but they didnt have any yet...but i drove the fusion with the 2.0 and it moved VERY well. The 2.0 seems like it would be a good middle ground between the mpg you want and the performance you NEED! lol. Hopefully Livernois can work out some tunes or something for our little brother!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

have owned my new 13 SEL 2.0L for just over a month, I'm impressed in the 2.0L driveability. Pleanty of power, I tend to take it easy on the gas pedal with a new motor.

Have only hit 4000 rpms a few times, acceleration is very good. Would never know its a 4 cyl motor.

Have not seen much on tuning this motor, must be to new.

A 300 hp tune would be great! If anybody hears of one pass it along

Thanks,

Jerry

• 1 month later...