Ecoboost Owner Forums

LMS Tune

Fa-SHO

Ordered up the tune a few days ago and it's "Out for Delivery" on the Fedex truck :clock: :biggrin1: Glad it's Friday, because as soon as it shows delivered i'll be headed home to get the stategy code and email to Rick. So i'll have it for a week to play around with before the Muscle Car Club Challenge next weekend at the local 1/8th mile track!

Tune installed! Very nice and smooth power' date=' shifting is the most noticeable, which is awesome! Haven't heard others experience this but my exhaust, dynomax axle back, actually got quieter in all; cruising, tip-in and WOT, I like it a lot.[/quote']I was the 1st here to install the DynoMax, But after I had installing LMS. I have reinstall stock tune and didn't see/hear a change. but when me and the old lady go on road trip I reinstall the stock muffler because she real hear the drifferect and the stock muffler help keep peace in the house.!!!!!

I have been running Dunomax mufflers for more than a year and loved them. The x-pipe is the piece that make the exhause louder. The dynomax are farther from cabin and have a nice sound.

I am happy I will recuparate all my exhaust setup to install on the new 2013!

11's here I come!

Ha steve who is your x-pipe by? And what is dia. of the pipe from down pipe to the 3rd cat? and what x-pipe did you get 2 1/4 or 2 1/2in? I'm looking at Magnaflow x-pipe because DynoMax I can't find one from them.

shoman here is the X pipe that lines up with our exhaust. I found a generic knock off on Ebay for $40 and had a muffler shop install for $60. I know the guy so he would have done it either way but he said it was legal cause I left a cat on each side. (used this to replace the 3rd cat) http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-10791?seid=google&gclid=CIvvq52S3bUCFYtaMgodcXcADA

FA-SHO which level did you load? Hopefully 4+. It is totally safe and gives the best track performance. Update us on your track day! Those of us in the midwest are sidelined for at least another month :(

shoman here is the X pipe that lines up with our exhaust. I found a generic knock off on Ebay for $40 and had a muffler shop install for $60. I know the guy so he would have done it either way but he said it was legal cause I left a cat on each side. (used this to replace the 3rd cat) http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-10791?seid=google&gclid=CIvvq52S3bUCFYtaMgodcXcADA

FA-SHO which level did you load? Hopefully 4+. It is totally safe and gives the best track performance. Update us on your track day! Those of us in the midwest are sidelined for at least another month :(

Thanks Paul. AdvanceAuto has a promo discount for the Magnaflow x-pipe http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/OrderItemDisplay?orderId=17575968&langId=-1&calculationUsageId=-1&calculationUsageId=-7&updatePrices=1&userIdentifier=&catalogId=10051&errorViewName=OrderItemDisplayView&promoCode=MAC4&storeId=10151&taskType=A I put my DynoMax on myself and add a couple to the (welded)stock mufflers and put them back on for road trips. So I was wanting to know if the LMS downpipe were 2 1/4 in (stock tail pipe) or 2 1/2in. before I order my x-pipe. Do you know?

FYI' date=' using the coupon code dow9 gets you 30% off bringing your total shipped price down to 65.09[/quote']

Thanks homer. Were did you get this promo code? Also the DynoMax mufflers have a nice flat clamp. Not sure about the x-pipe. I was just telling Paul that I can weld so I well not have to go to a shop to install the x-pipe.

So maybe a dumb question but .....

For those with stock exhaust, does the stock have a x-pipe or is this a replacement for only those with new cat-back exhaust?

Some of us have gone with a complete aftermarket cat back exhaust with x-pipe replacing the 3rd cat on our car. Some like me have only replace just the mufflers with DynoMax. The DynoMax comes with 2 1/4in(same as stock)pipe given a nice sound but no pwr add. The x-pipe and 2 1/2in cat back exhaust give you a little more hp

Thanks Paul. AdvanceAuto has a promo discount for the Magnaflow x-pipe http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/OrderItemDisplay?orderId=17575968&langId=-1&calculationUsageId=-1&calculationUsageId=-7&updatePrices=1&userIdentifier=&catalogId=10051&errorViewName=OrderItemDisplayView&promoCode=MAC4&storeId=10151&taskType=A I put my DynoMax on myself and add a couple to the (welded)stock mufflers and put them back on for road trips. So I was wanting to know if the LMS downpipe were 2 1/4 in (stock tail pipe) or 2 1/2in. before I order my x-pipe. Do you know?

Here is the skinny. Downpipes are 2.5 but it doesnt really matter. The downpipes have the 2 bolt split flange that bolts directly to stock exhaust, or a Corsa exhaust.

For mine my muffler guy cut my 2 bolt flanges, and welded them to the X pipe. So my Magnaflow is now a full exhaust from X pipes all the way back. I will put her up on ramps and takes pics if you want see.

I'm assuming it is a weld in piece' date=' or is it bolt in? How well does it fit?[/quote']

So I kinda explained what he did above. I believe we are 2.25 stock so you could bolt this X pipe in as it is the same width as our exhaust. You would have to buy 2.25-2.5 adapters and put clamps on. OR maybe this pipe comes in a 2.25, not sure.

So maybe a dumb question but .....

For those with stock exhaust, does the stock have a x-pipe or is this a replacement for only those with new cat-back exhaust?

What we have is a 3rd cat that is attached to both sides of the exhaust. It isnt really an X pipe but exhaust gases can cross over. That said it looks restrictive as hell... My tone got deeper/louder after I removed mine.

I have a 13 so I only get 1 option, comparable to the 4+ with 93 octane.

Here is the skinny. Downpipes are 2.5 but it doesnt really matter. The downpipes have the 2 bolt split flange that bolts directly to stock exhaust, or a Corsa exhaust.

For mine my muffler guy cut my 2 bolt flanges, and welded them to the X pipe. So my Magnaflow is now a full exhaust from X pipes all the way back. I will put her up on ramps and takes pics if you want see.

So I kinda explained what he did above. I believe we are 2.25 stock so you could bolt this X pipe in as it is the same width as our exhaust. You would have to buy 2.25-2.5 adapters and put clamps on. OR maybe this pipe comes in a 2.25, not sure.

What we have is a 3rd cat that is attached to both sides of the exhaust. It isnt really an X pipe but exhaust gases can cross over. That said it looks restrictive as hell... My tone got deeper/louder after I removed mine.

So is this the flange you are talking about?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1951[/ATTACH]

Does the downpipe down size at the flange or the stock piping down size (2.5in to 2.25) after the flange?

post-237-142532291086_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291086_thumb.jpg

Yeah shoman, the downpipes line right up to that, and will bolt right to it. Does it restrict any attaching the 2.5 X pipe to the stock flanges? Probably not but I am not sure. If it does it is not even 1hp worth of restriction. If you have the downpipes, no 3rd cat, and turbo mufflers you have it pretty free flowing!

Yeah shoman' date=' the downpipes line right up to that, and will bolt right to it. Does it restrict any attaching the 2.5 X pipe to the stock flanges? Probably not but I am not sure. If it does it is not even 1hp worth of restriction. If you have the downpipes, no 3rd cat, and turbo mufflers you have it pretty free flowing![/quote']

Thanks I'm doing my next Mods peace by peace x-pipe, next down pipe,lite wheels & TRACK TIRES, Meth I think in that order base on money.