Ecoboost Owner Forums

Looking for SHO Hood Stripes? Look Here.....

I know that he is a fairly busy guy, however, I wanted to let the community know that Ken has recently signed up here at EB Forums.

His screen name is: Classic Cars and his profile page is here------->: http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/member.php?208-classiccars

Ken is/was the one who created those infamous SHO vinyl hood stripes that some of us, including me, are rocking.

I know there have been a few inquires as to where to obtain these and Ken informed me that he found it easiest for him to sell them on Ebay.

PM me for the link, and I will send it to you.

......or contact Ken himself if you're interested in where to obtain this item.

On a side note, I noticed he also used my car in his online advertising! Very cool! :thumb:

Welcome aboard Ken!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The weather broke allowing me to put on my stripes!

Just the look I was after...understated...like everything else about the SHO. ;)

You can't really see the strips from any distance, just looks like a shadow. But, up close, you see them well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]261[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]263[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]265[/ATTACH]

post-209-142532286398_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286401_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286404_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286409_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286414_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286398_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286401_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286404_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286409_thumb.jpg

post-209-142532286414_thumb.jpg

Thanks all - The stripes look great and weren't too hard to apply. I used the wet method with a spray bottle (water & baby shampoo) and alcohol water mixture for finish.

Everyone really likes them... just goes well with the understated look of the Cinnamon and black tinted windows. From a distance, the stripes just look like a shadow.

Next on the list will be black caliper covers with silver SHO engravings. Then I'm done dressing it up.

Thanks again to Ken for coming up with this idea and proving those to us. I recommend them to everyone for that extra wow factor.

• 4 weeks later...

hay guys I love my decals, silver and kona blu looks good [ATTACH=CONFIG]387[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]388[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]389[/ATTACH] I love Livernois tune but I didn't know if the stripes and LMS would look good together so I magteis it and clear coated the decal.

post-237-142532286762_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286765_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286768_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286762_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286765_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286768_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well I have been in contact with Ken and he has informed me that the vinyl used for the flat/matte colors is of an inferior quality and that is why they are not offered. Now, I have to decide what color I want to go with. Silver or a dark or light shade of grey...anyone have any input?

Here are the color choices. http://www.nepcosignsupply.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=135

Well I have been in contact with Ken and he has informed me that the vinyl used for the flat/matte colors is of an inferior quality and that is why they are not offered. Now, I have to decide what color I want to go with. Silver or a dark or light shade of grey...anyone have any input?

Here are the color choices. http://www.nepcosignsupply.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=135

Here is my post with what Ken called dark grey. I think its more of a medium grey, but still looks pretty close to what i was going for. I too was originally looking for flat.

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?589-A-few-minor-mods

Well I got my silver decals today. Put them on this afternoon. Cleaned with soap/water and then with rubbing alcohol. Started with the wide end and applied it, then rubbed across the decal multiple times to ensure it was stuck. Peeled off the top layer and ended up with a bunch of bubbles...I spent like an hour and a half trying to put them on properly and I guess I am just no good at applying decals. Probably going to have to order a second set and just take it to my tint/decal shop to have them put them on. I had a 2000 Mustang a few cars ago and I had put a silver "pony" decal on the rear window and that turned out great so I'm not sure why I had so much trouble with this...and my hat is off to those of you who managed to get 0 bubbles.

DSC00495.jpg

On the other hand. The quality of the decal seems very good and Ken was a great guy to deal with. I found it quite funny that the Attn: on the package label said Imminent Rueage. The mail man was probably scratching his head.

Archived