Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ford app for iphone?

I just down loaded a app from the app store called ford remote access. Your supposed to be able to start your car and different stuff. I cant figure it out. It says you have to buy hardware from your ford dealer and i work at a ford dealer so i went back to parts and the service center and they had no idea what was needed for this to work. Can anybody help me out please? I just thought it would be neat and i could show other customers how it worked. Thank you!!!

You'll need to have some sort of a digital cellular transponder installed on your car and there will most likely be a contract associated with it, either through Ford or through a cell-provider of your choice. Even with satellite radio and GPS there is no means for your car to communicate over the cellular telephone network unless your phone is paired via Bluetooth. But if your phone is paired, you can't very easily use it to remotely start your car via the application. Plus, the pairing is only active when your car is in the Run position (and possibly the Accessory position).

-Rod

Thanks rod. Im just glad you had some info for us. Im just not sure why my guys at the dealership dosent know anything about it yet. Im sure im not the only one thats gona ask this question so if you find out anymore info please let us know where and what and how much this accessory would cost to have installed. Thank you.

You'll need to have some sort of a digital cellular transponder installed on your car and there will most likely be a contract associated with it, either through Ford or through a cell-provider of your choice. Even with satellite radio and GPS there is no means for your car to communicate over the cellular telephone network unless your phone is paired via Bluetooth. But if your phone is paired, you can't very easily use it to remotely start your car via the application. Plus, the pairing is only active when your car is in the Run position (and possibly the Accessory position).

-Rod

Viper sells a smart start that allows you to control your car from your phone, but besides that, I havent seen any factory options like that except from Volkswagon. lol

Larry I have a question.

Can I have my car programed to use the start function? I didnt order it from the factory that way. So I have to go outside and start the car every morning. I know I will have to buy new key fobs but can this be done?

How crazy is this a new app is out before you can even use it. Donkey before the cart.

Thanks

Art

I could be wrong but this app is more than just a remote start. A remote start on the key will have a certain range, but this would be something where you could start it from anywhere. This works well if you park far away from your car and want it to be heated or cooled by the time you get to it.

Larry I have a question.

Can I have my car programed to use the start function? I didnt order it from the factory that way. So I have to go outside and start the car every morning. I know I will have to buy new key fobs but can this be done?

How crazy is this a new app is out before you can even use it. Donkey before the cart.

Thanks

Art

I installed a viper remote start and then programmed my factory key to activate the viper system. No extra key fobs needed. Search for my thread , it has a video.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok here is the scoop...part number is DL3Z-19G364-A and a dealer has them for $425 on ebay. You may need IDS and need PATS to activate the system so a dealer visit may be needed. There is a $50 year charge for the system. I have the installation manual in PDF and you have to tear a bunch of the vehicle apart to put the required modules - yes more than one.

Jason