Ecoboost Owner Forums

Going to try the 2013 to the track tonight!

steve142857

Hey guys!

I'll have an hour and a half (then need to come back home because my wife has a girls night). But it will be worth it to see what that 2013 SHO can offer. I have had little issues with the shifting with the tune from 1st to second gear, so I ask Rick if Dan could lower rpm shifting to avoid hitting the cutoff. Actually, the car runs great and I don't want to bother them too much because as soon as their methanol+downpipes tune is ready for 2013 SHOs, I will use that one and have my methanol kit installed. But meanwhile, I am curious to see if I can beat my 12.61 at 111mph (?) that I did with the 2010 without meth and without downpipes... If I could do a 12.5 or less, then I am very confident that with the methanol I can go under 12 seconds...

The only thing will be traction issue... I haven't purchased new tires (I want to finish wearing these old ones first), the weather will be cool (around 40F) and on Friday nights, they don't prep the track as well (no glue), so it will be a challenge...

I went last weekend with the MKT which did 13.3 at 103+mph and the SHO definitely feels A LOT faster... I am just not used yet with PP SHO and the extra shift to reach 60mph makes it slower than the non PP that doesn't need the extra shift, but power is definitely there!

I'll keep you posted...

Steve, I haven't forgotten about your PM as it relates to those time slips.

Been super busy this past week, having put in just over 19hrs of overtime in the last four days alone.

Not to mention I'm training another new employee at the moment.

Good luck at the track tonight, and if better times are produced, let me know my friend.

Again, good luck.

I am back: Very happy!

Considering that the Livernois tune I am running is customized with lower (factory) shift points, I am very pleased with the results.

Even though everyone out there was struggling with their launch (except the AWD like Jeep SRT8, Subarus and Evos), I was impressed with the launches. I got all my lauches between 1.81 and 1.839! With bald tires and temps around 35F with no glue!

So, I had my best of the night (and since it was my first time with this car my best time ever) of:

12.52 seconds at 113.20 mph!

u6unubug.jpg

BTW the reaction time was not too bad with a 0.004 sec!

I went there with a quarter tank of fuel, the 2 car seats still installed and even if there is no spare, I left all the tools and crap that was in the car... (all-in, maybe 30lbs of stuff), the car was weighting 4,532 lbs with me in it.

Except the first two runs that I did trying on D mode with TC partially off (60' of 1.881 and 12.67 sec), then S mode with TC partially off (60' of 1.865 and 12.61) and then S mode will real traction controll off (holding the button 5 seconds with foot on brake), all my runs were in the 12'5s with 60' between 1.81 and 1.839.

So if I compare with the 2010 non PP with same mods but without the downpipes, the 2013 PP with downpipes ran about 0.1 sec quicker and 2mph faster.

So, I should be able, with good conditions, to go under 12's with methanol...

And hopefully that can happen soon... Stay tuned!

Cheers!

Nice times, this gives me hope as I'm going next Friday, weather permitting. I'll be shedding as much weight as possible though because let's just say the driver's weight isn't exactly ideal right now plus I'll only be able to run 91 tune. I got my Eibachs installed yesterday so that should help some but not as much as your H&Rs. I'm hoping to break in to the 12s but we'll see, that would make me very happy.

Nice times' date=' this gives me hope as I'm going next Friday, weather permitting. I'll be shedding as much weight as possible though because let's just say the driver's weight isn't exactly ideal right now plus I'll only be able to run 91 tune. I got my Eibachs installed yesterday so that should help some but not as much as your H&Rs. I'm hoping to break in to the 12s but we'll see, that would make me very happy.[/quote']

Good luck!

Steve, if I read correctly you have the tune, downpipes, center cat deleted/xpipe, cat back, and springs as the only mods right now?

Thanks.

Yes and Airaid intake as well... Maybe my twin turbo decals add 15hp by themselves??? lol

The tune was also customized by LMS. They used the stage 4+ adjusted for catted downpipes, but lowered the shifting points (rpm) to the factory points because for an unknown reason, the end of the first gear was hitting cutoff before it could shift into second... It now runs great and smooth. I ignore how much faster their regular tune is, but since I will soon have it tuned for methanol, I don't bother too much running it as is for the moment. I am not sure I could keep up with your race cars, but from a dig until... 40mph maybe, I like my odds! lol Nice rides btrw man!