Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Member - 2011 SHO - Houston

Husker02GT

I thought I'd take a second to introduce myself. I picked up a certified pre-owned 2011 SHO this past Monday. I was not really considering a SHO, but after driving 4 MKS Ecoboosts and a CTS thought I'd be cheating myself if I didn't. Anyways I drove one and fell in love. To me it felt like it had a little more oomph than the MKS Ecoboost and both were 100x nicer than the CTS. The car I drove was not optioned the way I wanted, so went home found one that was and signed on it that night. 402A package, 20" wheels, Michellin Tires, Adapt Cruise/Collision Warning, Voice activated nav, almost all the bells and whistles!

Really enjoying the car to this point. I ordered the Livernois tune, but have been having issues with the install. I am also looking into an exhaust/intake, been surprised how much parts for this car are compared to others. I don't want to go too crazy on this, I also have a toy car (2002 Mustang) that I am trying to get back on the road. (First owner, 28,000 miles, been garaged 2 years). Seems crazy that my daily will probably be faster than my toy after successfully installing the tune, so will need to put some more focus on that as well.

Anyways looking forward to finding out more about the car and chatting with fellow enthusiasts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2260[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2259[/ATTACH]

post-2089-142532296455_thumb.jpg

post-2089-142532296456_thumb.jpg

post-2089-142532296455_thumb.jpg

post-2089-142532296456_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard :welcome:

I'm glad, even in light of our current lockdown on new registrants (due to all the spammers) that ADMIN and I were able to bypass some of the nonsense and get you registered up. Thanks for hang'n in there and being patient.

I think you'll like our lil Ecoboost community and will find you have surrounded yourself with a owners of similar tastes / interests in these platforms.

A lil video footage of me spanking a lightly modded 2009 CTS-V from Summer of 2012...... enjoy.

http://youtu.be/wYo4xkBRYwk

• 3 months later...

Well a little update... I totalled the SHO about 3 weeks ago (no injuries) and just got into a 2011 MKS Ecoboost. The car is optioned a little differently than the SHO was (No ACC/Collision Notification, NO BLIS, but has remote start, dual sun roof, blind spot mirrors, auto down windows with remote). Enjoying the added luxury, but thinking I'm going to leave the engine alone on this on (no tune, CAI) to keep the CPO warranty 100k miles bumper to bumper.