Ecoboost Owner Forums

2015 MKS/Taurus mule spotted

Well more or less confirms that the nex gen Taurus is moving to the CD4 platform, currently found in the Fusion. Expect it to be widened up about an inch (rear wheel flairs) and as that funky tail shows off...an extension to the overall wheelbase over the current Fusion.

2015-lincoln-mks-spy-photo-photo-511225-s-787x481.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-lincoln-mks-spy-photos-news?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+caranddriver%2Fblog+%28Car+and+Driver%29

Remember the Granada/Versailles... anything is possible.

+1 Although as of late Ford has been doing alright.... But anything is possible.

You know after looking at this and comparing it to the current fusion the proportions seem really close to the fusion. Could this just be a Fusion Sport or something similar? The doors, front fenders, hood and lights are all off the Fusion. I thought they were going to stretch and widen it? Only time will tell.

+1 Although as of late Ford has been doing alright.... But anything is possible.

Totally agree which is why after only GM for decades, I have one and soon two Ford/Lincoln Ecos in my garage. Some other readers may be too young to remember the "lets slap a luxury Lincoln/Cadillac badge on it and upcharge". Cavalier/Cimmeron..... enough said.....

Well fellas I am calling Bravo Sierra on this one, and thank god. I have been studying this pick as work and comparing to the fusion, and I feel absolutely positive in saying this is fusion not a Taurus. I would like to have been able to take a photo of the fusion body at work for comparison but there management and some engineers around a photography is a no no in the factory. But will get one and add, but they just dont share similarities there identical.

I wondering if with the smaller chassis they will even be able to put the current sho engine in it. One of the reason no one is putting larger turbos on the is because of a lack of space. With a smaller chassis we know they can put the NA 3.5 in there but i doubt much else. So i could easily see this being the next Taurus i'm not so sure about the future of the SHO. Atleast in its current incarnation.

I wondering if with the smaller chassis they will even be able to put the current sho engine in it. One of the reason no one is putting larger turbos on the is because of a lack of space. With a smaller chassis we know they can put the NA 3.5 in there but i doubt much else. So i could easily see this being the next Taurus i'm not so sure about the future of the SHO. Atleast in its current incarnation.

The sho is selling well. The best any model sho ever has, actually. Doubt they'd cancel it.

It does raise an interesting question....it could be replaced by a Fusion ST, which would make it more like the original SHO. The Fusion ST is rumored to be sharing the upcoming 2.3L EB engine thats going into the Mustang and should be good for at least 300HP, if not more.

The sho is selling well. The best any model sho ever has' date=' actually. Doubt they'd cancel it.[/quote']

I'd like to see the actual sales numbers. I know the taurus isn't doing bad but its still not in the top 20 selling cars in the US. I rearly see a SHO as well. So it doesn't have the same popularity or public visability of the focus or fusion. You don't see any of the major car outlets doing compareo with the SHO in it like they do the ST. So if it went away or was changed to a lower powered version most people(Typical Taurus Buyers) wouldn't notice. Fans of the SHO would, but i don't see us making up a huge market share.

It does raise an interesting question....it could be replaced by a Fusion ST' date=' which would make it more like the original SHO. The Fusion ST is rumored to be sharing the upcoming 2.3L EB engine thats going into the Mustang and should be good for at least 300HP, if not more.[/quote']

That sounds like it could be really possible. People have been wating another midsized Contour SVT for a while. Since the fusion came out there has been a want for a good performance version. With the popularity of the new fusion globally i could really see this happening.