Ecoboost Owner Forums

What could ford improve?

I know I rather like my '13, but what do you think ford could improve?

Here is my list:

1. Mytouch. why is it so slow? A $300 phone can have buttery smooth and quick user interface. Mytouch feels like a windows phone from 8 years ago.

2. Alcantara. Hate it. Don't make it mandatory with the pp.

3. Knobs are nicer. Sorry, the all capacitive button instrument panel looks hot, but it's slow to respond.

4. Stereo. I'd pay an extra premium for a REAL good stereo.

I don't mind how MFT is set it just needs better hardware behind it. Its based of old ARM tech that is less than 1GHZ of speed on a single core. So it was going to be slow no matter what software they put on it. Im fine with the transmission, works as i need i just wish they would stop it from shifting when you hit the rev limit.

My main thing i would like is a drivetrain setup that has rear biased torque split. And the advance trac system that when you turn it off the SWAC doesn't cut boost when you have the wheel turned.

I've had my car a couple weeks, MFT speeds are fine, but I can't figure out why it wants to keep re-indexing my flash drive when it hasn't been removed.

Not a fan of the suede on the steering wheel either.

The footwells on the car suck. They are too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fake suede on the steering wheel. Can't stand the stuff.

The Alcantara is there for better grip on the wheel when wearing racing gloves. The "PP" being a "Track Car", if you wear propper racing gloves you would see why it's there. I love the wheel, just which it had a flat bottom.

My list of updates would be this....

1 - six speed manual

2 - "PP" option should include goodies to make 400 hp so it stands out from the non "PP" sho

3 - I love MFT and SYNC, but a better sounding premium system would be nice

4 - A steering wheel that telescopes out more.

No shiny plastic on the interior that gets easily scratched, shows every spec of dust, and BLINDS THE HELL OUT OF YOU!

A steering wheel that telescopes out more.

A mute or pause button on the steering wheel or radio face.

More customization options of the MFT and dash displays.

Powered up and down trunk lid.

Don't neuter the engines power output.

Rear shade actually goes all the way up.

Fuel door on drivers side that unlocks from in the cabin :D

Make the SHO sound mean and not hushed.

Fancy LEDs in the headlights like the '13 Mondo

Glowy metal sill plates

Turn signals in mirrors.

LED everything, get rid of ugly yellow incandescent bulbs for good.

I'm sure I'll think of more I've only had the car for 4 months lol

HUD..if you have never used one, you have no idea what you are missing. Everything appears projected out in front of the car. I had two Pontiac's with the HUD, and I still miss it. At night the dash could be blacked out and only the HUD was on. Great for driving in extremely dark conditions. If a problem occurred with the car, while blacked out, the gauge on the dash would light up in red. Put the HUD up with speed, tach, NAV, and Sound system.

i agree w/unknown driver about the parking brake. i have some left foot issues, of course have some right foot issues since I bought a SHO!!!!!! but anyway when the parking brake on my wife's chrysler minivan is better, this issue should be fixed.

I rarely use it' date=' but I was disappointed to have only a single CD capacity in the stereo. I'd like a six disc changer.[/quote']

Multi-Changers are going away, just rip to a USB and play from there.

I have a couple if items -

1. Better center console storage, for as big as it is you can't fit squat in there

2. True "mode" selector - I think others have mentioned. Knob to switch to sport/track/etc mode rather than monkying with the TracControl button

Other than that I think any others that I have were addressed in the 2013 model (brakes mainly)...

HUD..if you have never used one' date=' you have no idea what you are missing. Everything appears projected out in front of the car. I had two Pontiac's with the HUD, and I still miss it. At night the dash could be blacked out and only the HUD was on. Great for driving in extremely dark conditions. If a problem occurred with the car, while blacked out, the gauge on the dash would light up in red. Put the HUD up with speed, tach, NAV, and Sound system.[/quote']

Yes! you beat me to it. And if they will not do HUD, come on , at least allow did the DIC, which is already there, to display a digital speedometer if you want it in addition to analog.

A manual transmission would be awesome. A couple of small things I've noticed about my '13 SHO:

- Roof/roof-liner vibrates when moonroof is open (around 50mph) and windows are up. Very noticable and annoying.

- Nearly constant rattle near sun visor on driver's side. Not loud but also annoying since its near driver's head.

- No mute or 1/2 volume button for the Sony stereo system. I thought most stereos have this feature now and its useful.

That's about all I can think of after about 6 months and 10k miles. All in all I'm still very happy with this car.

i agree, with most things in this post. Good lists.

I'd also add a rear wheel biased awd system. Not the fwd bias it has now. It'd be able to handle more power.

But the car is pretty amazing considering its size. Shocks everyone who rides in mine. Livernois Tune is amazing.