Ecoboost Owner Forums

SHO ECOBOOSTTrunk Badge Corrosion

I am trying to think of a few things that I want to snap some close-up pictures of, when my SHO is clean and the weather cooperates, but I noticed some corrosion on my trunk badge. I cannot feel it with my fingernail. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm doubting Ford will replace it, and assuming they don't, does anyone know where I can buy a new one.... sticky backing and all. (Hopefully for a reasonable price)

I've attached the image that I snapped earlier, and you can see the corrosion below the B, 2nd O, and below the H. It's pretty much around the top half of the ECOBOOST logo, which is waaaay more than I want to digitally edit out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2366[/ATTACH]

Any ideas??

post-1395-142532296591_thumb.jpg

post-1395-142532296591_thumb.jpg

Mike,

I do dig how you did your badging, but I don't think I'd have the patience for that! I do have a bumper-to-bumper warranty until November 2017, so I guess I could check with the dealer about replacing it. I didn't think they would, quite honestly.

I don't think I'd want to fully debadge the rear end, but I can picture in my head a nice separated SHO on the rear, kinda like how Mike did the TAURUS lettering.

Mike,

I do dig how you did your badging, but I don't think I'd have the patience for that! I do have a bumper-to-bumper warranty until November 2017, so I guess I could check with the dealer about replacing it. I didn't think they would, quite honestly.

I don't think I'd want to fully debadge the rear end, but I can picture in my head a nice separated SHO on the rear, kinda like how Mike did the TAURUS lettering.

I thought it would be hard to do, but I followed Mike's instructions and the hardest part was cleaning the residue off when I removed the letters. I used monofilament to remove mine, but Mike's measurements were right on and I was really pleased with how mine came out...I liked the off-center look of the SHO so I just moved mine down and to the right a bit.

IMG_5141_zps9af34f3f.jpg

And here's the final touch I added when LMS came out with these...I thought they complimented the Ecoboost badge nicely.

IMG_5263_zpsf16553fb.jpg

1. Every Flex Ecoboost I looked at when buying my latest vehicle has bad Ecoboost badges - corroded. My plan was to take it off, since on the Flex it is not connected to any other badge, and thern replace it with a black MKS Ecoboost badge.

2. Kolk, are you saying 15 bucks for shipping a LMS badge? I might have an extra laying around that I would send ya if that's the case.

I think Rick sent me mine in a normal business envelope' date=' and I don't think I paid any shipping...see we're already missing him.[/quote']

Yes. $3 badge, plus $14.xx shipping. So almost $18. I guess since my $300 in tunes were over email that's why I never got any stickers or anything.

I thought it would be hard to do, but I followed Mike's instructions and the hardest part was cleaning the residue off when I removed the letters. I used monofilament to remove mine, but Mike's measurements were right on and I was really pleased with how mine came out...I liked the off-center look of the SHO so I just moved mine down and to the right a bit.

IMG_5141_zps9af34f3f.jpg

And here's the final touch I added when LMS came out with these...I thought they complimented the Ecoboost badge nicely.

IMG_5263_zpsf16553fb.jpg

Damn do I like that even more now. Ugh!

Hey Mike.... wanna come up and do mine?? :hail:

No Livernois badges for me. I don't plan on a tune for the SHO for a while. The G8 will be the first one to get a tune, but these laggy shifts and torque management really do suck!

Damn do I like that even more now. Ugh!

Hey Mike.... wanna come up and do mine?? :hail:

It is fairly moderate, as far as skill level goes.

But I'd also like to think my "How-To" was all inclusive.

I would say you'd be more proud of yourself, having done it, for yourself.

However, if you've really set your heart on me doing it, I suppose plans can be made, preferably over the Summer time.

I know I think I had the exact same problem...I got my tune months before they had this emblems and when I found out about the ridiculous shipping cost, I contacted Rick and he made it right....and it was no big deal...hopefully someone will show up soon from LMS and help us out.

Mike, you're being way too modest, if it weren't for your outstanding "How To" I would never have attempted it. It made it really easy to follow and including all the measurements really made doing it a cake walk...only reason I tried it. You deserve kudos for it!

I would say you'd be more proud of yourself, having done it, for yourself.

However, if you've really set your heart on me doing it, I suppose plans can be made, preferably over the Summer time.

I saw your instructions some time back and will look 'em over again. I'm sure it's doable on my behalf, but it is also a summer project for me. I'll let ya know if I panic and require your help, but I would say doubtful. :)