Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tune installed today

Installed my tune today and its definitely not too bad. Next stop is methanol injection. It was raining a lot today so I didn't get to punch it too much. The one annoying thing is the factory bypass valve sound is weird. Needs to be VTA maybe or recirc with an aftermarket BOV. I think its probably quicker than the GTO....for now :-)

I liked the pricing of the water methanol kit that hooks up to the factory windshield washer reservoir. It has a fluid level sensor so I will know when its low on fluid and I can still use it to clean my windows! Plus the fluid mixture seems to be cheaper than going 100% methanol even though straight methanol makes more power I liked the trade offs. So that was what I went for. Ecoboost Bob has the same setup and it has worked well for him. Now I have to say I think the H&R springs are a lot stiffer than I was expecting. I am anxiously awaiting a vendor to produce adjustable struts and shocks or even coilovers and selling the H&R springs.

Well....... it "worked well" for EBB 'til he concocted his own personal mixture of methanol and some other fluid which I forgot what it was, which ultimately resulted in his Flex's motor going kaboom!

I hope he's doing better nowadays though. Nobody desires to see another owner's car go kaput.

Umm.... EBB tends to be rather cryptic about his misfortune.

I believe he was (understandbly so) a lil embarassed about it at first.

He may be more likely to discuss the matter though, now that some time has passed.

That's the entire reason why he brought the G8 to last year's National SHO Convention (cuz the Flex went boom boom boom).

I am running Torrie's tune, the most aggressive one without running the methanol. I have the Goodyear F1s. I think it was in second gear when it started slipping. The temps were in the 60s though, so the tires might have been a little cold contributing to the traction issues. Next I'm going to try manual shifting to know exactly what's going on with the traction.

I have a 2011, so yes he can tune 2011's. The 2013 was changed and I think someone mentioned it was fully encrypted or something like that. So Livernois is the only one with tuning capabilities at the moment. For the money I am very happy with Torrie's tune though. It's pretty freakin fast now.

I have a 2011' date=' so yes he can tune 2011's. The 2013 was changed and I think someone mentioned it was fully encrypted or something like that. So Livernois is the only one with tuning capabilities at the moment. For the money I am very happy with Torrie's tune though. It's pretty freakin fast now.[/quote']

My bad. I got you mixed with another member. I was going to be happy if there was more than one option to consider on the 13's. Not yet.

So you got like the 4 + tune. Nice. Glad to hear it's running good.

The Torrie tune must be pretty aggressive. My car has never been on the strip but unless the track surface is a lot different than the street, I don't think I would ever have a traction problem. The wheelspin off the line seems about right to keep the RPM up. I get nice chirp on the 1-2 shift but nothing that I would want stickier tires for.

Yeah my F1 tires don't get traction but I also have H&R springs so the extra stiffness might make the difference.

You must have the PP with the 3.16 gear, too. That would make you more likely to break traction than I do with a 2.77. I would kind of like to try a Torrie tune but his website doesn't provide much information. I presume he sends the tune via email and I could use my current SCT tuner - same process as Livernois?

Oh I forgot to mention that I do have the PP version of our cars...so that will probably also contribute to the traction issues...but i wouldn't discount the fact that I have the H&R springs...stiffening the cars launch puts more pressure on the tires to hook. Also I think because the weather has been cooler the tires weren't as hot, which would also contribute to the hooking issues.

I liked the pricing of the water methanol kit that hooks up to the factory windshield washer reservoir. It has a fluid level sensor so I will know when its low on fluid and I can still use it to clean my windows! Plus the fluid mixture seems to be cheaper than going 100% methanol even though straight methanol makes more power I liked the trade offs. So that was what I went for. Ecoboost Bob has the same setup and it has worked well for him. Now I have to say I think the H&R springs are a lot stiffer than I was expecting. I am anxiously awaiting a vendor to produce adjustable struts and shocks or even coilovers and selling the H&R springs.
Megan Racing makes adjustable coilovers' date=' I should be picking up a set soon. [/quote']

Are you talking about the coilovers they make for the ford flex? I don't see any specific to the SHO.