Ecoboost Owner Forums

After 3 Weeks of Ownership...

Jcl78

Man I love this car (2010 SHO). The seats are perfect, the tech is awesome, I even love the Sony system. It is comfortable when you want it to be, blast you in your seat if you want it to and my first recorded tank netted me 18.9 MPG mostly city. My 2009 WRX could never get over 18.5 on the same trip. If she ends up being reliable in the long run she will be the best car I have owned to date, hands down... which is saying quite a bit as I am over 20 vehicles owned at this point.

Why didn't I buy one sooner?

Glad to hear you're enjoying your SHO. Especially given it's the 2010 model, which, for some of the "Job 1" cars, did have a few issues.

"Job 2" builds were improved, and the new 2013's are even better than that!

Just wait 'til the completely revamped 2015 model year gets released. Whoa doggie!

My SHO is a job 1 car... I did look for a job 2, but everything aligned to get me into this one. Build date is 11/2009, so not one of the very first job 1's... but it looks like she had all the TSB's done that were needed. I have no rear deck rattle, trans shifts smooth as butter, no turbo leakage (that I can see so far). I will be changing the oil myself here sometime soon, and most likely the trans fluid. Only thing I am worried about is the PTU fluid as I have read on here. I don't have the proper tools to do that myself, but I don't really trust the dealer either. Maybe an independent shop? Hmmm.

Your car was built about the same time as bpd's and mine. I believe Mike's build date was like Dec. 10, 2010 while my car was built on Nov. 30, 2010. I know my car is a job 1 but I have not experienced some of the problems that were addressed in the TSB's.

Only thing I am worried about is the PTU fluid as I have read on here. I don't have the proper tools to do that myself' date=' but I don't really trust the dealer either. Maybe an independent shop? Hmmm.[/quote']

What area are you from?

Only thing I am worried about is the PTU fluid as I have read on here. I don't have the proper tools to do that myself' date=' but I don't really trust the dealer either. Maybe an independent shop? Hmmm.[/quote'] What area are you from?

I am in the south side of Denver. All this rain has dirtied up the tuxedo black :)