Ecoboost Owner Forums

Passport EVO Gauges

I was talking to Andy at LMS; they offered to do gauges but they recommend Autometer Elite.

What do you all think about the Passport EVO Gauges in white (video is in blue, sorry).

I kinda feel like they match the 2013 interior in terms of everything being "digital". There really are no mechanical gauges except the speedo. I figure it might match up and not look completely out of place.

I really like mine. I think they match well. I also think the startup sequence goes well with the main screen startup sequence. Still haven't connected the temp or oil pressure gauges, but the boost has been working great.

The temp and oil pressure install adapters were on back order for weeks. Finally came in last week.

[url=

]
[/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcgQ635E1I]

I really like mine. I think they match well. I also think the startup sequence goes well with the main screen startup sequence. Still haven't connected the temp or oil pressure gauges' date=' but the boost has been working great. The temp and oil pressure install adapters were on back order for weeks. Finally came in last week. [url=
]
[/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcgQ635E1I]

What are you using for adapter? The same thing Leadfoot used? The plate that screws onto oil filter and then the filter goes over it?

I'm worried about those because I don't change my own oil. It's all done by the dealership.

Your video ROCKS! Exactly what I wanted to see and it looks like you went white--which is what I want to do.

Anyone know if AeroForce is offering gauges for the Sho?

If specificly for the SHO no, But there gauges will work in the SHO. And if I recall correctly they said could something with the face plates on there gauges, I don't recall the specifics. Also checkout PLX devices, there gauges are fully customizable.

Just had the time to watch the video on these EVO gauges, and I would agree, for the 2013 model's, they are a MUCH better fit, given the digital dash and what not.

Good hunting and tracking down something that fits. Thanks for posting :thumb:

Now be sure to re-post final images following install completion.

Just had the time to watch the video on these EVO gauges, and I would agree, for the 2013 model's, they are a MUCH better fit, given the digital dash and what not.

Good hunting and tracking down something that fits. Thanks for posting :thumb:

Now be sure to re-post final images following install completion.

Have any recommendations on which 3 to put in the pod? Mine just arrived...Boost and oil pressure are my current top 2....Not sure for number 3. Will also be running torque.

I run a total of 5 gauges in my set up, not including the 3 extra that appear within the MyCal device.

The 5 I have are as follows:

In the A-Pillar.......... 30psi Boost up top, Oil Temp down below.

In the Center Stack....... EGT/Pyro (for bank 1), Trans Temp in the Center spot, then a 2nd EGT/Pyro (for bank 2).

My Methanol LED's are also in the Center Stack, just below the above noted gauges.

In the MyCal...... I have in order..... Battery Charge, IAT (Intake Air Temp), and then the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp).

I'd like to think I'm pretty well covered across the board, an honestly, what gauges to install is completely a matter of preference. Really depends on what's important for you to monitor.

How do you have gauges on the A-Arm? I'm interested in seeing the photos.

I was going to put in Boost > Oil Pressure > Wideband A/F

EGT really necessary in this type of engine? I know on my diesel it was mandatory, wasn't hard to push 1600F in a matter of seconds at WOT.

How do you have gauges on the A-Arm? I'm interested in seeing the photos.

1st, the technical term is "Pillar", not "Arm".

People will be able to more readily recognize what your describing by using the proper terminology.

2nd, the A-Pillar gauge pod I have, is the 2nd of it's kind, and the only one to be custom upholstered in the factory, OEM fabric.

We had an EBOF member here, who has since sold his SHO and moved on, that made it for me. I was truly appreciative as it's a unique piece for sure.

As requested, and image of my set up appears below:

BPD7-2_filtered.jpg

BPD, I love everything in your setup....except the MYCAL.(not a dig, personal preference)

One thing I prefer in the 1st run Gen 4 SHO....that big ass analog tach. I would gladly give up one of my high tech whiz bang screens for a tach I can actually see out of my peripheral vision.

IMHO, American car manufacturers need to pull their heads out of their asses and put the tach front and center with a hud projected digital speedo. That tiny tach in the 2013 just pisses me off.

Thanks for the kudos. I'm a big fan of being able to monitor quite a bit. I suppose it's an occupational hazard so to speak, as I'm constantly multi-tasking when patrolling, while simultaneously operating several different aspects of controls, lights, buttons, switches, mics, laptops, etc. etc.

To the majority, I'm sure it's overkill and although the MyCal device isn't really necessary to keep plugged in, part of it's features, including the addt'l gauges I have on display within that unit itself, make it somehow justify in my mind, the expense of it.

I suppose if I had created any addt'l gauge pods, it would've been even more expensive, and besides, I was/am running out of room. Hahaha.