Ecoboost Owner Forums

Painting sho engine cover

I think I saw posted somewhere else a SHO owner who had that Koni Blue custom painted with ghost flames on the outside and then also had their engine cover done.

If I recall correctly, they said it took "some work" as they had to "block" that textured surface and then sand it and repeat til the surface was smooth and ready for paint.

Looked kick @ss afterwards, i'll hafta dig around for that info and re-post.

As far as me, I had my hand made / done in true CF & then clear coated to bring out the weave pattern.

That's one of the few things that truly can be a considered a "one-off" mod....

I was all lil p.o.'d though at the kid who made it for me, took almost 7 mo.'s and me having ultimately to be about this/close from having an arrest warrant issued for him cuz he kept giving me the run around & what not....

But once he found out the Detective work'n the case was finishing up testifying in a homicide case and was get'n ready to hop on my case, he had it done in a mere magical 3 days..... unreal.

Either way, turned out pretty good. He burned the clear in a few spots that resulted in me having to have that re-shot by my painter, but all in all, glad I had it done.

I'll post pics here of that too if you haven't seen it posted elsewhere already :noidea:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I think I saw posted somewhere else a SHO owner who had that Koni Blue custom painted with ghost flames on the outside and then also had their engine cover done.

If I recall correctly, they said it took "some work" as they had to "block" that textured surface and then sand it and repeat til the surface was smooth and ready for paint.

Looked kick @ss afterwards, i'll hafta dig around for that info and re-post.

As far as me, I had my hand made / done in true CF & then clear coated to bring out the weave pattern.

That's one of the few things that truly can be a considered a "one-off" mod....

I was all lil p.o.'d though at the kid who made it for me, took almost 7 mo.'s and me having ultimately to be about this/close from having an arrest warrant issued for him cuz he kept giving me the run around & what not....

But once he found out the Detective work'n the case was finishing up testifying in a homicide case and was get'n ready to hop on my case, he had it done in a mere magical 3 days..... unreal.

Either way, turned out pretty good. He burned the clear in a few spots that resulted in me having to have that re-shot by my painter, but all in all, glad I had it done.

I'll post pics here of that too if you haven't seen it posted elsewhere already :noidea:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I'm not the kona blu with ghost flames but I'm about to kona blu and silver my eng. cover. I got plastic preteat, plastic primer and will use the L6 ford kona blu. I have account with sherham willaim auto paint but you can buy from them, w/o account.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm149/silvblt97/2011-11-12_08-25-01_635.jpg

Sorry for the link, at least it comes up being a larger picture. I'm still fighting with posting pics on this forum. :mad:

I post using Photobucket. I click on pix and get 4 options. The last one (IMG Code) is the one I copy and paste to my post. It shows up automatically without a link to a pix.

Archived