Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Toy

Crash712us

Well it sure has been a exciting first year with the SHO. I got a lot of stuff done to it, and designed and developed and produced a gauge pod for. And there are a few more things I want to get done, when the weather is nicer and I have more time. But my other passion that I have neglected since the SHO came along was guns so I picked this beauty up the other day and I thought I would share.

94c9a245.jpg

Cool :thumb:

Nice grips.

Plan on shooting it, or since it's a limited production run, just leaving it in the display case unused?

Thats a very good question Mike and my dilemma. One would assume shooting it would devalue it, but I have done some poking around on the web about this. And so far I haven't found very much info on this topic, obviously a unfired gun should be valued more then one that hasn't. Simply because its condition would be pristine. But so far from what I have read firing it does not devalue, now with that said. I don't plan on running a 100rnds thru every time I go to the range, but I don't think putting a few rounds thru every now and then and with proper handling and care of will impact the value that much if at all. At least from watching pawn stars and few other shows that appraise and value guns, these guns are never pristine. Although condition is important, but functionality and being intact and being completely original its whats most important. Much like a antique piece of furniture, its worth more unmolested. But at this point of my life I have all the guns I need, so now I figured if I was going to buy something new it would be special or unique and of value.

That is beautiful!!...the 1911 design are such awesome looking pistols. I didn't know you can get them in a presentation box like that. My coworker and I have been eyeing the Rem R1 but were told they will not be for sale in California because it does bot have the magazine disxonnect. Oh well..I still have my SA and Kimber I guess.

"But at this point of my life I have all the guns I need,...did you mean you have more than you need but not as much as you want to have...LOL

Enjoy that lovely pistol!!

That's a great looking piece. I didn't know Remington did a limited edition .45. I have found that shooting a gun doesn't devalue it, especially if it is fired occasionally and doesn't show any wear signs from being carried in a holster. As long as you clean it, I don't think you would lose any value if you shot it.

Archived