Ecoboost Owner Forums

Roush Signed SHO?

Hello all, I've been a member here for about a month and a half and this forum really helped me learn a lot about my car. However, I searched and searched, even on other forums and couldn't find an answer. I bought an used 2010 SHO(early built) back in April from a southern Alabama ford dealer only to find out that the engine cover was hand signed by Jack Roush himself. The dealership I bought it from doesn't have much info on the signature, they said it was already there when they received the car. However, I found an interesting video on youtube of another SHO back in '09 with the same signature. If you skip towards the end of the video you will see the signature. The guy also mentions that this signed SHO is "one of a kind", so it is a high possibility that this may be my car, especially since this dealership is also in Alabama. So my question is, How many 2010 Taurus SHOs were signed by Jack Roush? or does anyone else have his signature their SHO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2ifh6vZT4

post-2185-14253229698_thumb.jpg

post-2185-142532296975_thumb.jpg

post-2185-142532296985_thumb.jpg

post-2185-14253229697_thumb.jpg

post-2185-142532296975_thumb.jpg

post-2185-142532296985_thumb.jpg

I am unaware of any SHO'S that were signed by Roush, but I suppose anything's possible. Kind of difficult, from my perspective, for a Dealership to be touting such claims if their sales, or marketing staff is unable to verify the source in any way, shape, or form. I would be suspect that it is/was a ploy on their behalf to obtain a higher resale value. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I forgot to mention, that the dealership I bought this car from isn't the same as the one in the video. They had received it pre-owned, and they are the one's that have no information or proof of the signature. After searching for so long I finally found this video two days ago. So I'm thinking that the dealership in the video is where my car first originated from ....maybe. I'm just convinced that this is actually my car, because the salesman in the vid stated that this particular car was "only one of it's kind out on the road". I haven't contact them yet but I will as soon as I can, I want to see if Roush actually signed this thing. At the end of the video, the salesman claim to have pictures. I just want to see If I indeed have a genuine Roush signature or if anyone else has it too.

A couple of things you can check would be to see if your car has factory navigation. If so, it's not the car in the video. You can also check the build date on your door sticker. If it is something later than 11/09 your car is newer than the one in the video. The signature placement sure looks the same in your pic as in the vid....

-Rod

Manufactured 10/09, no factory navigation, no tint when I bought it, and no rear window shade just like the one in the video. My car even has the holes in the front bumper where the dealership plates used to be. No need to run a car history report because I'm convinced that this is my car. I've emailed the general manager of the dealership, maybe he'll reply back. I just need to prove that I have a personally signed car by Roush himself :biggrin1: with no Roush upgrades :tsk:

I'm in agreement with mjhpadi. A lil role playing here..... Presume the Roush signature is verified as being legit, honestly, besides that, who gives a flying crap..... Since the engine cover can easily be removed, it then becomes a regular, joe blow SHO. No offense. But a mere signature, no matter who's it is, certainly doesn't justify your SHO as being truly "one of a kind". Just say'n. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I got a call back from Town and Country Ford (the dealership from the video) and gave them my VIN, and it is indeed my car and a genuine signature. They said that Jack Roush was there doing a meet and greet for fans and owners of Roush performance. He had done another this year at the same place back on May 2nd, so he may have signed more cars, who knows?! I personally never claimed my car as being one of it's kind, especially since it's not even loaded with every option. I was just curious if anyone else had Roush's signature on their engine cover. I agree and I am aware that it's a regular joe SHO, but around in my area, they are are rare. I see a lot of these cars, but none of them are SHO's. I'm enjoying this car nonetheless, especially with the Torrie tune, which makes this thing pull like a mule.

Not accusing you of saying your car is "one of a kind" but you did state in your first post (and I quote you): "The guy also mentions that this signed SHO is "one of a kind"". So while we're not being diagreeable, I think when someone claims a one of a kind car, you expect something to make it one of a kind. If it's just a signature, which in itself is pretty cool, then you have a (well, now more then one) signed engine cover....Actually, I think I would be more excited about having the Unleashed Tuning tune...now that's special!

• 4 weeks later...