Ecoboost Owner Forums

2 Bar MAP Sensor

After changing out the MAP sensor for the 3 Bar Sensor yesterday, I thought I would post a few photos of the 2 Bar Sensor, to help you identify it as a 2 Bar...sorry, I didn't shot any photos of the 3 Bar Sensor, didn't think about it until it was installed...hopefully someone can post a few of the 3 Bar so everyone can compare the differences.

First, the 2 bar sensor has a part number that ends: AA...the 3 Bar part number ends with; AB:

IMG_5688_zps080e6b0c.jpg

Second, the 2 bar sensor probe is bright red in color and the O-ring is blue. I think the 3 bar sensor probe is black and has a red(pink) O-ring:

IMG_5687_zps437c17b2.jpg

Hopefully these photos will help you correctly identify the sensor if you have any questions, so you can be sure you have the correct one for your use.

Guest Guest

You can keep your two bar sensor if you use Stage 4+ in either 91 or 93 octanes. The 4X requires 93 octane and a 3 Bar sensor. It is more powerful and, the tune that is trending now. Either way, with a tune, you are going to want to re gap your plugs to 30. Preferrably using Motorcraft SP534. Another option would be a 160 Thermostat. All of the fore mentioned assumes you have a 10-12 SHO/MKS Ecoboost.

Okay' date=' so the differnt sensor goes hand in hand with a tuner. So is this necessary to get the full benefits of the tuner or to help prevent setting a MIL light? Thanks, BRUCE[/quote']

Not really, you can keep the 2 bar and get several different stages of tunes for it with the SCT tuner...I ran Stage 2 for 6 months before installing the Stage 4+ with the SCT tuner. I had that tune until last week-end. I was very pleased with it and never would have minded not have another tune, it was that much fun. But the guys on the dark side talked me into going to the 3bar, MyCal and Stage 4+X which does require the MyCal and the 3 Bar Sensor. All of my tunes were for 93 Octane, which I have been using since I got the car....only had 87 Octane when I got the car.

Guest Guest

Just to clarify, I think MJH had the old SCT Stage 4+ from a couple years ago. The new Stage 4+ introduced last summer requires the MyCal as does the 4X.

Silly question of the day - where is the MAP sensor? It's not the thing I had to remove and re-install for my CAI....or is it?

Remove the big plastic cover from the engine by removing the oil cap and then just pulling up on each corner of the cover. As Dave says,the one you change is right on top of the intake manifold. It is held down with 2 torx screws and has a wire harness going into it. You can't miss it.

Go it. Thanks! Gonna order one....then see if I can go to LMS to have them download the new tune To My mycal..had issues last time and it turned out it was a good thing that I was right there. It will be a fun trip anyway to see the shop again. Hey Dave, is there somebody I should contact in particular?

Guest Guest
Okay. Yes' date=' my car is a 2013 SHO non-PP. But, I'm here in California so will these mods cause my car fail my bi-annual smog testing? B.[/quote']

In that case, I would just do the V8/91 Octane. Just do that tune and make sure your plugs are gapped at 30. You will get a VERY noticeable power gain. I'm guessing you can't get 93 Octane?

I went ahead and Ordered from Tasca - you guys are a terrible influence. $52.80 plus about 6 bucks shipping - so about $59.00 total shipped. We don't have an Auto Nation near me and I have used Tasca before, so I went with them. I saw a used one on one of the forums (maybe even this one??) for 50 shipped, but thought for 9 bucks, I should just buy new. NOW, I need to talk to somebody at LMS after it arrives to see if they would indulge me driving there to load the tune on my Mycal and ensure it "takes" while I am there. I want to give my son a chance to see the facilities too. :)

• 2 weeks later...