Ecoboost Owner Forums

National SHO Convention #21 (Details Inside)....

bpd1151

Look'n pretty damn sharp there shoman4 :thumb:

I just got some "special" decals of my own from fellow forums member ClassicCars.

It has something to do with my installs scheduled for next week :behindsofa:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I saw the twin turbo decal on-line with Classic-car to but that was a little to SHO-ny

for me. but ken seems to be a cool guy.

• 2 months later...
**** If I get too many competitors for the road course... I reserve the right to substitute my G8! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

Hey I had my 2007 Mustang GT(Still a ford though) at the 07 Convention in MI.... Now I have come full circle and will have new SHO on the track at BIR. Hope to see you there.

BPD- Hope to see at the convention in MN, we met at Tony's BBQ last year.

Hey I had my 2007 Mustang GT(Still a ford though) at the 07 Convention in MI....

Now I have come full circle and will have new SHO on the track at BIR. Hope to see you there.

BPD- Hope to see at the convention in MN, we met at Tony's BBQ last year.

I'm angling my best to make it out there (National Convention).

Keep your fingers crossed that I am able to somehow manage my schedule, the Wife's, and our three daughters, two of whom are teenagers, yikes!

It's like spinning 5 plates at once and trying to keep them all in the air simultaneously.

The Convention's in the background of my thoughts and probably won't receive it's proper attention as it should, until the event draws even that much closer.

Alright, chat'n up with the Wife about our July schedule(s).

We're both on Vacation for the 2nd two weeks of July.

As such, we'll both be off. Neither of us desires to go anywhere extravagent this year, as last year, the 5 of us in our family went to Jamaica for one solid week.

We'd like to stay State side this year. She's given me the blessing to attend this year's National SHO Convention.

But, she's got ZERO interest in attending. Neither do the kids.

So, I'm think'n more about my attendance as I would be flying it solo.

Additionally, I'm also think'n about maybe doing like a 1/2 Convention type of scenario.

My initial thoughts are to drive out on a Sunday to arrive in time for dinner with the Mallinson's.

Stay Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights at the host hotel, and then partake in Wednesday's Convention activities, and then drive back home late afternoon, or early evening Wednesday.

Any thoughts from any other fellow EBOF members on this? Anyone that may willing to attend in a similar fashion as above, any thoughts on sharing a hotel room to help offset cost(s)?

Please, for those who are serious about attending, let me know.

I could be persuaded to attend a full convention I suppose, but I don't think I have any interest in doing the golfing, or the limo tour of Minneapolis are truthfully.

Let me know fellow members. Thanks.

Mike :yo:

Registration Form Completed and Snail Mailed Today.

Hope to see some of you fellow EBOF'ers there.... it'd be great to have a higher turn out of us late model (2010 and up) SHO owners there. :thumb:

I may ditch the Sunday, pre-convention activities, and opt-in for the closing ceremonies on Thursday the 19th.

Not entirely sure yet. Either way, I'm OFFICIALLY IN :whoo:

I would stay for the closing cerimonies... They are quite fun to be part of. Well I attended several of them in the past and have i enjoyed the Banquet.

Too bad you wife opt'd out it, they do a lot of things for the family too. Like see local attraction, not all wife are into carshow, while we goof off at track and car show... I guess I kinda got lucky with my better half. A lot of the SHO owners use this as family vaction, In think thats why it at different place every year and not at one location like the Sturgis Mustang Rally.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on our convention, and for those looking for PLENTY of track time, right now we only have 24 cars for the Brainerd track day!! We are also waiving the registration fee for anyone wanting to come out for the track day, just cover the track cost!

As it has already been pointed out, most of our attendees no longer own an SHO, but they come out to have a good time and enjoy the great friendships we've made over the years. We do welcome ANY vehicle, not just Taurus SHOs, all we ask is that you at least have an appreciation for the Ford Taurus SHO (of any year)!

• 2 weeks later...

Magic Mike.....

I ARE REDEEE!! Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!!

Sorry about the "Magic" part... but HEY... it's only a Movie!!!! Lol.... Rumor has it that there is a really good Male strip club in St. Cloud.... AKA... GIRLS... GONE WWWWild....

Me.. I will be fast asleep.

Normally drink wine... but have been warming up (or cooling down....) on beer today.

AAAGGGHHHH !!!! WTH Happened!?!?! My SHO changed colors.....

Bwahahahahaha......

I figured that it won't be very often one comes across this, yet alone on my car for crying out loud.

But anyhoo..... borrowing an idea from other people I've seen at the track, I decided to give this a whirl, albeit on the entire front end, rather than the rear quarters.

Used Frog Tape to mask off everywhere, where you see it in these images.

Figured this may cut down on the amount of scrubbing and scraping of the various dead, plastered bugs from my almost 10hr trip to the Nat'l Convention in MN.

Last day of preparation(s) before heading out at some unGodly hour of the overnight hours tonight, into tomorrow.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Archived