Ecoboost Owner Forums

SHO Towing

Just because it has the power to do it..... doesnt mean you should. The car has the power and weight to tow, but I'm betting the body is as thin as litmus paper to bolt a hitch to. These guys need a head check. I'll use my truck to tow my camper.:clock:

Just because it has the power to do it..... doesnt mean you should. The car has the power and weight to tow' date=' but I'm betting the body is as thin as litmus paper to bolt a hitch to. These guys need a head check. I'll use my truck to tow my camper.:clock:[/quote']

I've always thought that any serious towing should be done with something that has a real frame under it.

Just because it has the power to do it..... doesnt mean you should. The car has the power and weight to tow' date=' but I'm betting the body is as thin as litmus paper to bolt a hitch to. These guys need a head check. I'll use my truck to tow my camper.:clock:[/quote']

I bought and installed a hitch on my SHO for the purpose of attaching a bike rack without going to route of one that rests on the paint. The hitch I purchased mounts solidly to the unibody structure and I'm sure it can hold much more than it will ever see while I own the car. That being said, I'd never tow our camper with my SHO (that's what I use the Aviator for) since there is probably not enough transmission cooling capacity for that extra load. Now with child number 3, we'd never fit everyone and the gear in the SHO either. My wife refuses to ride in the trunk.

-Rod

Archived