Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tempus Fugit

mjhpadi

Just sitting here reflecting on how fast time flies, and I just sent an text message to my son, as I will be picking him up from college on Friday. My son will turn 21 this week...I can't believe how fast his youth has flown by, seems hardly possible that he is 21. I am picking him up so our family can celebrate his birthday this week and I want to take him to get his firearms permit. Handling a handgun is nothing new for him, since he has been shooting handguns since he was 3 and many times he has accompanied my fellow officers and me to the range when we would go for firearms practice. So at a very early age he had instruction in proper firearm handling. Anyway, feeling really old today realizing my son's age. BTW, the "Tempus Fugit" is Latin for "Time Flies"...I got that from a friend who had that on his race car many years ago.

Well... I was a bit of late bloomer! Had my first child at 40! My daughters are 5 and 7! Yes' date=' I am working until I die... LOL[/quote']

Enjoy them while you can, although I must say I still enjoy what little time I get to spend with my son still,it's tough to watch them move into adulthood.

Mike my daughter has already taken the 1st leg of drivers training and was out with her this weekend letting drive my SHO. I know I must have lost my mind right? But speed hasn't been as issue with her, and I've tired to get her to put her foot in it a little. To try and teach her a little bit of aggressive driving, when pulling out on fast moving roads. The best I can muster with her is grandma driving to church on sunday. Which isn't a bad thing I suppose, but she won't ever be borrowing my car to got the mall. Would much rather be teaching her to drive in my wife's escape, but she my daughter and my wife doesn't what her car banged up and more then I do mine. So kid lucked out and gets to learn on a sweet ride, but so far so good. I haven't lost any more hair.

My dad was 40 years older than me... Died when I was 40 & he was 80... Fortunately for me, I was a teen when his road construction business was most successful, so I got some pretty neat TOYS! (that turned out to be paid for out of my part of the business profits -SMART DAD...).

The nice thing about having older kids, is you get to see their successes (hopefully)... Our oldest wasn't leaving our home... EVER... so we had to sell it to get him to move! 14 years later... he is doing great.

We were worried about never having Grandchildren... but they finally came. 1 8 yr old and 2 6 year olds.... all boys. Still want that little girl grandchild to spoil rotten, but not gonna happen.

Archived