Ecoboost Owner Forums

Got my first offical thumbs up!

Scrming

Ok, I get a lot of compliments in the pits at the track... lots of compliments at the dealership... but today I got my first official thumbs up while driving down the road! LOL! So I'm cruising down the freeway and this lady pulls up along side me, rolls down her window and energetically points to my front wheel, gives me a big smile and then gives me a very enthusiastic THUMBS UP!! My first thought was, "Gosh, lady it's a Ford Flex.." I mean I was used to thumbs up in the Mustang and the Camaro... was not really expecting a thumbs up in the Flex! I gave her a smile and a nod!!

So now I'm really curious as to how the new setup looked... So I pulled off and got out the GoPro! LOL!

[video=youtube;DwHTQcggiGM]

Not surprised... you have managed to blend the look... using grille, wheels and top. What you need now is a "Black Chrome Jaguar Hood Ornament".... LOL If it weren't so difficult and expensive... a Titanium rear panel would likely finish it off, as well as an antenna cover (also hard to fit without the glass roof).

I love those moments. I had a similar thing happen the other day when taking her to the dealership to pick her trunk, everyone came out of the service area and the show room to check me out.

Never really care to much for the flex's looks, however you and EBB have changed my opinion on them. Sharp ride Scrming:RpS_thumbup:

Although I give you props for the thumbs up and all that.....

This thread would've been much more interesting if you told us this female flashed you and the GoPro2 captured it accordingly....

Until then *yawn*

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Ok... well... not quite sure the mature lady was what you might consider flashing material... Which also kind of added to my surprise she was so interested in the wheels! LOL

Hahaha.....

Scrming was scoping out wrinkly raisins. Bwahahaha.

I wouldn't go that far... And I wasn't the one doing the scoping... It's just that since I'm coming up on the BIG 5 OH, i notice I'm much more cautious on who I call OLD! LOL!

Awesome! In all the time I've had the SHO, I've only had 2 times come to mind where people noticed it. Once was an older guy at CVS that talked to me a bit about it, and the other time, a slightly modified SRT4 blew off at me and gave me a nod. Most people just don't notice, I'd imagine it's even less with the Flex.

Congrats, all your hard work shows. I don't get thumbs up, but I do get a few stares. I think it is more the unusual color and the fact that where I am, there are not too many MKS'. A billion MKZs and MKXs, but few MKS'. Some guy asked me if it was a Buick Saturday night in fact. Yikes.

I routinely get thumbs up, stares, people coming up in various pkg lots and gas stations, etc complimenting my SHO & asking about what i've done, etc

The age bracket(s) vary pretty widely too much to my surprise.

I think it was mentioned in passing in some other thread about the possibility of an EcoBoost calendar made up of pictures of various cars from members here.....

I would consider it to be an honor to share the pages with Scrming's Flex, no doubt about it. :hail:

Archived