Ecoboost Owner Forums

Scrming checking in!

Scrming

Hey All,

Rick@Livernois pointed me this way also... Thanks, Rick!

My wife (yeah, it's the wife's... LOL) has a 2011 Flex Limited with EcoBoost... and I absolutely LOVE IT! Currently the only thing I've changed on it is the tune... I currently am running the Stage 4+ from Livernois (thanks again, Rick!) and it is simply amazing! Night and Day difference in the Flex!!

I'm also a bit of a track junkie... Try to get the Flex out to the track when I can... Besides the local track here Michigan, i've road tripped to Maryland and New Jersey to run the Flex... and people are simply stunned when they see a Brick run mid-13's for the first time! LOL!

Here's our Flex:

IMG_2284_edited-1.jpg

and courtesy of Livernois (thanks again, Rick!)

Flex_Milan.jpg

and finally... a couple of viddies...

[video=youtube;35uX8pP4ahc]

[video=youtube;DVOQ4zN3nPk]

Uh-Oh..............

I see someone's gonna be giving EcoBrickBob a run for his Flex $$$

Nice Nice NICE and welcome aboard our ever expanding family here!

Very cool :RpS_thumbup:

LOL! While I broke my promise not to MOD the Flex, I really need myself in check and not get into the craziness of an ET battle with Bob! LOL!

Was just going to stick with a tune... BUT I find the Flex just WAY TO QUIET for my liking... Going to visit my friend Scott Hoag over at MRT tomorrow and see what we can come up with... Teaser video:

[video=youtube;edPKUft7OYE]

ok... watch the tail pipe at the end of the video and watch how much it moves!

You should mention to your friend Scott over @ MRT to look into fabricating some mounting brackets for that larger intercooler they used on their Taurus SHO.

I inquired about that specific item and I was informed that it was just a "general purpose/application/use" intercooler they used on that car, not specific to the SHO, I was (and still kind of am) interested, but it'd certainly be a lot easier if they sold like a complete, plug -n- play type of kit for us DIY'ers.

I'm sure sales would be pretty impressive as I am unaware of any other vendor currently that is developing anything like that for the 2010-2012 Taurus SHO's.

And far as trying to limit yourself in relation to the modding bug.......... you do know that the only way to satisfy/cure the addiction is to keep purchasing after market product right?

I mean hello!?!?!?! When is one ever really truly "done" with their project? I'll answer that for you, rarely ever :thumb:

You should mention to your friend Scott over @ MRT to look into fabricating some mounting brackets for that larger intercooler they used on their Taurus SHO.

I inquired about that specific item and I was informed that it was just a "general purpose/application/use" intercooler they used on that car, not specific to the SHO, I was (and still kind of am) interested, but it'd certainly be a lot easier if they sold like a complete, plug -n- play type of kit for us DIY'ers.

I'm sure sales would be pretty impressive as I am unaware of any other vendor currently that is developing anything like that for the 2010-2012 Taurus SHO's.

And far as trying to limit yourself in relation to the modding bug.......... you do know that the only way to satisfy/cure the addiction is to keep purchasing after market product right?

I mean hello!?!?!?! When is one ever really truly "done" with their project? I'll answer that for you, rarely ever :thumb:

Definitely will talking to Scott about it.... (note to self... LOL)

Yeah, I have a horribly CHRONIC case of MODITIS! Ok.... so I am a V6 fan... my former V6's:

My 12 second 2005 V6 Mustang:

gb7.jpg

My 2010 V6 Camaro:

IMG_2135bw_small_001.jpg

And being the media whore that I am:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/2005_and_up_mustang/mdfp_0608_2006_v6_mustang/viewall.html

(this was a very early article... lots of mods AFTER this came out! Also they were mistaken on the 2006)

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/car-article/Free_Flowing+Camaro-77391.xhtml

I do have one V8 in the driveway:

IMG_1279copy.jpg

2011 F-250 4x4 with the new 6.2L. Mostly appearance mods but does have an Airaid intake and a Corsa exhaust...

Hey John!

The first time I ever drove down a strip, I got a 13.521 with the Brick..(Oct 2010). You're right... they were STUNNED! Guy in tower said" I hope he had a helmet on!!!"

We need to figure out that deal on the Taurus control arms... Have to be the rears.... I e-mailed Waldo...(twice) but he never responded. Maybe you should try too... If we can control the lift, our times should go down further, and I might not need those Nitto's!

We make one for the CTS-V and are actually working on one for the SHO. Also, after seeing the stock exhaust, we have some ideas for that as well... Including a downpipe!

Rick

We make one for the CTS-V and are actually working on one for the SHO. Also, after seeing the stock exhaust, we have some ideas for that as well... Including a downpipe!

Rick

Oh WOW! Very cool!

Yea I kinda heard through the grapevine that you guys are contemplating exhaust manifolds and that the stockers are something ridiculously small like 1 1/8" or something yea?

Now the downpipes oughta be a nice treat to, hopefully a catless option is being considered, or maybe even hi-flow cats for those owners who may be concerned about emissions related hurdles.

The bomb dropper about the potential upgraded intercooler is welcome news for sure!

My God, looks like I better start signing up for some overtime shifts at the Police Department as certainly my wallet just grew a lil bit lighter at the new expenditures I've just added to the SHO's mod list...... LIVERNOIS ROCKS! :whoo:

***sorry for the thread jack, Rick you should probably divulge this in one of your own LMS threads on future available products***

Yeah, I have a horribly CHRONIC case of MODITIS! Ok.... so I am a V6 fan... my former V6's:

My 12 second 2005 V6 Mustang:

gb7.jpg

My 2010 V6 Camaro:

IMG_2135bw_small_001.jpg

And being the media whore that I am:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/2005_and_up_mustang/mdfp_0608_2006_v6_mustang/viewall.html

(this was a very early article... lots of mods AFTER this came out! Also they were mistaken on the 2006)

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/car-article/Free_Flowing+Camaro-77391.xhtml

I do have one V8 in the driveway:

IMG_1279copy.jpg

2011 F-250 4x4 with the new 6.2L. Mostly appearance mods but does have an Airaid intake and a Corsa exhaust...

Holy Christ! For God Sake's...................... umm, yea, I'd say you most definitely have been bitten by the mod bug!

Impressive collection for sure!

My previous build before the SHO was this here (I was all set to go to SEMA in '09 with it, until I totalled it in a double rollover):

Newcarpetingforshows003.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows002.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows009.jpg

TrunkInteriorJUN09.jpg

Oh yea, and I'm kind of the "media whore" too as I LOVE advertising for companies that produce after market product(s).

So it appears that we have some similiarities and that we may be the proverbial two peas in a pod there Scrming!

Totally freak'n cool!

Holy Christ! For God Sake's...................... umm, yea, I'd say you most definitely have been bitten by the mod bug!

Impressive collection for sure!

My previous build before the SHO was this here (I was all set to go to SEMA in '09 with it, until I totalled it in a double rollover):

Newcarpetingforshows003.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows002.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows009.jpg

TrunkInteriorJUN09.jpg

Oh yea, and I'm kind of the "media whore" too as I LOVE advertising for companies that produce after market product(s).

So it appears that we have some similiarities and that we may be the proverbial two peas in a pod there Scrming!

Totally freak'n cool!

Thanks! Yeah, I've had the Flex for almost 4 months now and all I have done to it was the LMS tune.... well, until today... We swapped out the rear mufflers today! Normally the stock mufflers are gone in the first 48 hours... so making it 4 months without touching the exhaust is unheard of for me! (ok, so the wife is out of town right now... LOL) Editing the video clips and will post up later...

Archived