Ecoboost Owner Forums

Who'll be 1st to the 11's in 2012?

Been hearing some 'behind the scenes' grumblings about new products being, or having been developed, along with even newer, insane tunes being applied to help compliment these future offerings.

However, at this point, I am aware of some friendly, self-imposed degrees of competition between two fellow EBF members who have set their sights on achieving mid to high 11's this year with their EcoBoost's!

My purpose in creating this thread is twofold......

First (and primarily) is to highlight the dedication and achievements (that are right around the corner) for these two members.

Secondly, to "prime the pump" so to speak, or to "stoke the coals" in egging the two of them on as the 2012 track season begins to ramp up with earnest!

I wish both of them great successes in each of their attempts in getting into the 11's and NO, I will not divulge details..... as I would respectfully leave that up to each of them to do so on their own accordingly.

Just know fellow EcoBooster's even better times are looming on the horizon and that 2012 oughta be a great season!

Hope this lil teaser thread pique's your curiousity :behindsofa:

As always.........

Stay tuned :bolt:

Nice try EcoBob, but my turbos are in and the major install of the mods to be installed next week at LMS. I trust Darrell will be in the 11's first :hail:. Well deserved, but I am expecting mid 11's with what is going in. Won't get to the track till later. Darrell will be running the same as me as soon as it is available to the public. He is a good friend and I will not keep this awesome mod to myself, oh and Mike as well :bounce:.

We are entering into possible breaking areas, and I am willing to take the risk. We will be pushing the limits of these cars and I am looking forward to the challenge.

I will post pics during the installation and all results in power, thanks to Rick I hope. :cheer2:

As soon as we get all the bugs worked out and "my turbo guy's feel comfortable" it will be available through LMS.

I will thank my turbo guy's by name later when we have this done and they would prefer going through LMS.

See you in the 10's! :first:

Mike

Depending on how it goes for Darreli tomorrow and how long it takes for first sho's turbo upgrade, don't count me out of the race... I will have the meth kit installed early next week and will go to the track early June... Or maybe I should aim at being the fastest non-pp sho... Probably would be cheaper than to pursue the race for the fastest... Lol

Cool to see our car reaching areas of musclecars and close to supercars!

Nice try EcoBob, but my turbos are in and the major install of the mods to be installed next week at LMS. I trust Darrell will be in the 11's first :hail:. Well deserved, but I am expecting mid 11's with what is going in. Won't get to the track till later. Darrell will be running the same as me as soon as it is available to the public. He is a good friend and I will not keep this awesome mod to myself, oh and Mike as well :bounce:.

We are entering into possible breaking areas, and I am willing to take the risk. We will be pushing the limits of these cars and I am looking forward to the challenge.

I will post pics during the installation and all results in power, thanks to Rick I hope. :cheer2:

As soon as we get all the bugs worked out and "my turbo guy's feel comfortable" it will be available through LMS.

I will thank my turbo guy's by name later when we have this done and they would prefer going through LMS.

Mike

I'll be perfectly comfortable allowing you and Darrell to pioneer this/these mod(s) and work the proverbial bugs out before opting in on it myself.

In the interim, once again, good luck to both of you.

I am kind of curious though Mike..... those pink colored pom pons, are those representative of yours, or Rick's?

Tee hee hee...... :bolt:

Nice try EcoBob, but my turbos are in and the major install of the mods to be installed next week at LMS. I trust Darrell will be in the 11's first :hail:. Well deserved, but I am expecting mid 11's with what is going in.

Mike

Wish you luck Mike! Will the new Turbos require a 3 bar sensor? Are you changing any engine internals like forged rods & pistons? Any plans for more fuel? BAP is easy to add, and I found it to be helpful, though not a complete solution to maintaining DI FRP. Assume you will be deleting ALL cats. What kind of tires or DR's are you planning?

Wish you luck Mike! Will the new Turbos require a 3 bar sensor? Are you changing any engine internals like forged rods & pistons? Any plans for more fuel? BAP is easy to add' date=' and I found it to be helpful, though not a complete solution to maintaining DI FRP. Assume you will be deleting ALL cats. What kind of tires or DR's are you planning?[/quote']

Yes 3-bar will be needed.

After LMS tore down the engine they indicated everything was stout except maybe the pistons and they have a fix for that. I will not be doing anything with them unless we break.

Dan said should have plenty of fuel. Have never come close to running out of fuel with either Darrell or myself.

All cats will be gone.

I will be running Forgestar F14's 20 x 9.5 all around with Nitto Invo 275/40-20's.

All discussions indicate mid to low 11's with this setup. Will see.

Mike

All discussions indicate mid to low 11's with this setup.

Exciting times indeed!! All these mods will eventually be available through LMS?

Dan said should have plenty of fuel. Have never come close to running out of fuel with either Darrell or myself.

This is very surprising...so concerns with the OEM DI pump not having enough flow is myth?? I remember back when Beefcake had his SHO, he had to install a BAP.

When I went to the 3 Bar sensor, Higher boost rates (more air flow) definitely showed FRP rates dropping quickly, especially in higher RPMs in 2nd gear when I was using a 50% methanol spray and a # 7 nozzle.. A BAP makes sure that the DI pump gets as much fuel as possible from the existing in tank fuel pump. Adding more spray, by going to a #10 nozzle (like Mike), and higher methanol percentages definitely helped. At some point a #12 or #14 nozzle may be required (Nozzle # relates to Gal per hr at 100 PSI.

Am aware that the F-150 uses larger tubing from CAI all the way to Intercooler. Will the stock tubing on the SHO work, or is this another mod that needs to be done?

Just a note... when we were Dynoing my Flex, we actually saw MCT go lower than outside temp. Methanol spray at your service!

Wow Mike B. Your really going full tilt bogey on your ride. It will be interesting to find out what the limitations are with this motor. I wish I still had the article, but this is when ford did the torture test on EB150. But I remember the article saying when they ran that motor in the baja 1000 it was cranking out 750hp. And the article was out of ford motor.

Am aware that the F-150 uses larger tubing from CAI all the way to Intercooler. Will the stock tubing on the SHO work, or is this another mod that needs to be done?

Just a note... when we were Dynoing my Flex, we actually saw MCT go lower than outside temp. Methanol spray at your service!

It's the stock turbos reworked...not F150 turbos

Wow Mike B. Your really going full tilt bogey on your ride. It will be interesting to find out what the limitations are with this motor. I wish I still had the article' date=' but this is when ford did the torture test on EB150. But I remember the article saying when they ran that motor in the baja 1000 it was cranking out 750hp. And the article was out of ford motor.[/quote']

WOW.... I thought they ran that original motor in stock tune at BAJA. It was also the one that pulled a trailer for 24 hrs at Homestead.

Archived