Ecoboost Owner Forums

DIY daytime running headlights

I just went out to try to see of I could access them. It's looking like an underneath job for sure, and I parked in a puddle so I'm gonna have to wait till its dry to get underneath. I'll post back if I can access from underneath when it's dry and daylight.

Nope...

Just going off the schematic from Ford. I do believe these are called 'Side Marker Lamps' though. I personally have not looked, so I would just first verify the color of the wires to the connector before doing anything. There should be only two, hot and ground.

Looking at the factory service manual, the lights identified as "side marker lamps" (page 92-1)use the symbol or a regular incandescent bulb, not an LED. If you go to page 92-3 you'll fine the "Auxiliary Park Lamps" which have the LED symbol. These are the lights the OP is interested in. The Violet/White wire is the anode, Black/Green (left) and Black Gray (right) are the cathode leads. The Violet/White wire is tied directly to the rest of the parking light so apparently any current limiting resistors are built in to the LED fixture itself.

-Rod

Archived