Ecoboost Owner Forums

Lots of familiar names... out of curiosity.. how many Livernois tuned?

Livernois Motorsports

Well Rick........

As I'm sure you know 1st hand, I am one of your core group of original tune owners / users and I'm proud to inform you that with almost 29K on the "clock" I have had nothing short of a tremendous experience using your companies various tune files.

NO PROBLEMS OR ISSUES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER! Most impressive indeed :hail:

I am currently still running the modified stage 4+ file you created for me (fan mod and rear o2 delete).

The Custom Meth Injection Tune File is anxiously waiting in the pipeline as I struggle to get a certain other vendor to finish my damn downpipes.

I've already discussed with my installer friend that either way, completed down pipes (or not) I'm installing the Meth Injection Kit towards the end of January 2012.

I see no point in making the SHO go like uber fast during the winter months here in CHI-TOWN.....

But you can add me to the list of owners using your tune(s).

-------------------Mike

4+ for the win -- 2 was good but 4+ is awesome. You'll love it.

Colin

Just makes me nervous as I dont have any 94-95 octane fuel around here. We do have a station with 105 so I could just buy a gallon, or octane boost. That or I could get over it.... I know the octane ratings are minimums so the 93 I am pumping is probably 94. Still just nervous.

I will make a track run at stage 2 and probably re-flash for the 2nd try. Trying to convince my wife to come so she can shoot a vid but will at least post up times.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat when it comes the wives...

Always seems to be a constant battle with her....

If she bails out on you, i'll offer to do the video taping for you (assuming you have a camera that is) my old Hi8 8mm cam probably won't cut it.... plus I'd have no idea how to transfer over 8mm tape to digital format. I suppose it's high time for me to upgrade but the kids are almost grown and the novelty of filming them has worn off.

Just makes me nervous as I dont have any 94-95 octane fuel around here. We do have a station with 105 so I could just buy a gallon, or octane boost. That or I could get over it.... I know the octane ratings are minimums so the 93 I am pumping is probably 94. Still just nervous.

I will make a track run at stage 2 and probably re-flash for the 2nd try. Trying to convince my wife to come so she can shoot a vid but will at least post up times.

Understand complete about your hesitation on the Stage 4+... Rick can tell you I was the very same way! That being said after a few weeks I gave in and loaded the Stage 4+ even though like you we only have 93 Octane. I've got a bunch of passes on the 4+ with no indication what so ever of detonation! No audible signs and nothing in the data logs that would suggest any problems with 93. So very happy with 4+ and only 93...

Don't waste your time or money with the Octane boosters... there is however a couple of companies that sell Race Fuel concentrate... completely different that the octane booster you buy at the local parts store..

If she bails out on you, i'll offer to do the video taping for you (assuming you have a camera that is) my old Hi8 8mm cam probably won't cut it.... plus I'd have no idea how to transfer over 8mm tape to digital format. I suppose it's high time for me to upgrade but the kids are almost grown and the novelty of filming them has worn off.

Our boat is getting crowded! Wife absolutely refuses to go to the track! So I end up going by myself... so just before the season ended I picked up a GoPro... very cool little camera!

First time using it... needed to angle it out a bit more...

[video=youtube;N_2vQT-11Rk]

GoPro inside the Flex:

[video=youtube;35uX8pP4ahc]

Looking forward to playing around with it some more next spring!

Understand complete about your hesitation on the Stage 4+... Rick can tell you I was the very same way! That being said after a few weeks I gave in and loaded the Stage 4+ even though like you we only have 93 Octane. I've got a bunch of passes on the 4+ with no indication what so ever of detonation! No audible signs and nothing in the data logs that would suggest any problems with 93. So very happy with 4+ and only 93...

Don't waste your time or money with the Octane boosters... there is however a couple of companies that sell Race Fuel concentrate... completely different that the octane booster you buy at the local parts store..

I have found the same as you...no problems with 93 octane. I was concerned about it, but I have used only 93 since installing 4+ with no issues.

Well...lets see...I run Livernois tunes in both of my Ecoboost vehicles. I've ran a tune in the SHO since about 400 miles on the ODO and I'm at 28,000 now....NO ISSUES. I actually have ran their tune since before their ability to dyno tune the vehicle and still no issues. For those concerned about the Stage 4 and 93 I octane, I understand, but I ran my car like that for a pretty good length of time without an issue. And as Screamin mentioned, dont waste your money on any "octane boosters". They really only increase octane by fractions of whole numbers.

I run the Stage 2 in the wives Flex and I'll probably just start running the Stage 4 in the spring. If the iTSX is ready by then (I mean it's out, but isnt fully tested on custom tunes yet and has no tunes from SCT so not really worth it at this point) I'll use that in my car and the X3 for the wives.

Couldn't be happier with the product from Livernois or the customer service...they've made alot happen for me and i owe them a debt of gratitude....thats for sure!!

I am an equal opportunity TUNE -er.... I am running the stage 4+ on the front 3 cylinders and a competitors on the back 3!

In the 1,500 mi trip to IA from FL.... got 19.9 mpg averaging 73.1 mph (gps) - engine running time. using the 4+ tune.... Stock 20's -RS-A's, (H & R springs) and quite loaded down. Think this is great.

Hard to compare to other trips back and forth, due to temps, wind, traffic etc... but it is close to my best mpg for the distance. In the past, the best mpg has come in May with my smaller/lighter wheels & tires.

How far is Cordova dragpark for you? I appreciate the offer but isnt that a haul for you? Yeah we have a digital camcorder, great for uploading vids.

In central IL I have to drive a ways for a strip. Closest is OK but it is an 1/8 (Central IL Dragway in Havana) and is 60 miles from me. Cordova Dragpark is a 1/4 and a decent track but clear over on the Quad Cities, probably 80+ miles. Route 66 is in the 90-95 range but I have never ran there.

Assuming weather is decent Jan 1 I will be loading stage 4++ at Cordova and giving it a try. Another 50 degrees and sunny would be OK with me!

• 2 weeks later...

my SHO is my DD, and I am running a stage 4+ with 93 octane down here in the Houston area. I ran the stage 3, 93 octane tune during the summer when it was so hot (IAT numbers above 160 were daily occurrences), but once it cooled off I threw the 4+ in, and I could not be any happier with the tune, or the service from Rick.

I also run the stage 3, 91 octane tune a lot, since I drive back and forth to Oklahoma, and 93 octane or above is almost non existent there.

I am running stage 2 currently, 3 gave me some wheel hop with my snow tires on. The stock tires were just about dead last summer so I only played with 4+ a little, but once I get some new tires on this summer I plan on daily driving stage 4+. Just curious if anyone else ran into wheel hop issues at all.

By the way I love the stage 3 tune, and I can't wait for 4+. If anyone is on the fence about getting a LMS tune, I highly recommend it, the change in the seat of the pants feel of the car is surprising!

I am running stage 2 currently, 3 gave me some wheel hop with my snow tires on. The stock tires were just about dead last summer so I only played with 4+ a little, but once I get some new tires on this summer I plan on daily driving stage 4+. Just curious if anyone else ran into wheel hop issues at all.

By the way I love the stage 3 tune, and I can't wait for 4+. If anyone is on the fence about getting a LMS tune, I highly recommend it, the change in the seat of the pants feel of the car is surprising!

The change from 3 & 4 to 4+ is quite dramatic. You'll love that one too SM.

C.

Archived