Ecoboost Owner Forums

How fast is fast enough

shoman04

MHENNE4's Average age thread was so much fun I had to ask the QUESTION. What's the fastest time you've clocked? At what speed? At what temp? What mod have you done? And any Dyno imfo?

13.14sec 1/4mi @104.98MPH @97deg.

LIVERNOIS STAGE 4+,Airaid CAI,DynoMax Exhaust, w/PP

No Dyno sense tune

Before tune

13.78sec 1/4mi @101.98MHP @95deg

Airaid CAI, w/PP

298whp Dyno

My best 1/4mi was a 12.95 at 108mph on a 85degree day. With +4 tune' date=' corsa cat back, airaid. But now with the meth injection I should be able to drop a half sec off my ET on fair weathered day. Dyno tune coming as soon as livernios can fit me in.[/quote']

Like mhenne4 METH will have to wait until next yr. BUT Like the Question, HOW FAST IS FAST ENOUGH? "I FILL THE NEED FOR METH" :car::bolt::heh:[

That's not a sleeper That a NIGHT-MARE' date=' For SS Camaro who got bet by a LITTLE RED WAGON LOL.[/quote']

LOL! And the poor 2004 Mustang GT owner... that guy was really besides himself that he lost to a Flex.... LOL!

For the record... my best trap is 107.66 with a temp of 43 degrees... My best ET came on a different day... it was 12.945 on a 52 degree day... Since that time we've tweaked the tune a bit and I'm seeing better 60's... so i'm anxiously awaiting the return of those 40 to 50 degree days!!!!

Best with stock tune and H&R springs : 13.56 at 102-103mph (don't remember exactly), temperature in the 40's

Best with stock tune, H&R and custom exhaust and airaid : 13.36 at 104-105 (don't remember exact number neither), temperature in the 40's as well

Best with H&R, custom exhaust, stage 4+ and airaid : 12.61 at 108.98mph, temperature in the 40's with tailwind!

Best with H&R, custom exhaust, stage4+, airaid and meth : 12.43 at 113.5mph, temperature around 80F, side wind.

I believe I should run around 12.1-12.2 at 115mph+ when temperatures cool down in the fall... Looking forward!

Think BPD 1151 will be right there with you!

We have about the same setup and both our cars are non-PP. Actually, in Detroit, we both ran a best of 12.79. Darrell had a best of 12.65. So, I presume that if he had a best in life of 12.13 at 117+mph, I should be able to do in the 12.2's in the same conditions that he ran his personal best. But, I am hoping to go when conditions are even better, so that is why I expect to see a 12.1... I will also try to get a bit more boost in a personal tune made for track purpose only and hope to see the 11.9's! ; )

13.337 at 104 LMS 4+++, Airaid, Magnaflow 85" non PP.

SInce I have added Eibachs and if feels much stronger at launch, I think sport springs is a big reason why PP cars are faster stock. I also have a 2.5 inch X pipe which will be installed next week. Hoping around 13.0-13.1 in heat, 12.8 or better in good air.

Eying Methonal, would like to see mid to low 12's. To fast for me would be flirting with mid 11's, good thing I wont be! I love to shock guys at the track but no way would I want a roll bar in my SHO!

Like mhenne4 METH will have to wait until next yr. BUT Like the Question' date=' HOW FAST IS FAST ENOUGH? "I FILL THE NEED FOR METH" :car::bolt::heh:[[/quote']

Oh, how fast is fast enough? I would l like to say a low to mid 12 sec 1/4 mi would be enough, but that would be a lie. But I'll be sure to let you know when I find out.

I assume we are talking about in the SHO? The fastest time I was associated with was a 6.85 at 223 mph, but that was in '73 with a AA Funny Car, and I wasn't driving but I did have a hand in the run...:yield: But sadly I have not had the SHO down the track.

13.337 at 104 LMS 4+++, Airaid, Magnaflow 85" non PP.

SInce I have added Eibachs and if feels much stronger at launch, I think sport springs is a big reason why PP cars are faster stock. I also have a 2.5 inch X pipe which will be installed next week. Hoping around 13.0-13.1 in heat, 12.8 or better in good air.

Eying Methonal, would like to see mid to low 12's. To fast for me would be flirting with mid 11's, good thing I wont be! I love to shock guys at the track but no way would I want a roll bar in my SHO!

Paul what is Eibachs?

Paul what is Eibachs?

It is the turbo upgrade good for about 125whp... Just kidding you lol

Eibachs are springs to lower suspension. They are just a little less low than the H&R springs. With lower suspension, there is less weight transfer on launches as the gravity is lowered. Also, it helps with aerodynamic a bit and IMO the car looks better as it gives a sportier look.

It is the turbo upgrade good for about 125whp... Just kidding you lol

Eibachs are springs to lower suspension. They are just a little less low than the H&R springs. With lower suspension, there is less weight transfer on launches as the gravity is lowered. Also, it helps with aerodynamic a bit and IMO the car looks better as it gives a sportier look.

Thank Steve, Having the PP pack I've stiffer springs/bushing/and sport tuning that may help with the weight transfer on launch even if not as much as the springs. Lower spring would look good.

Thank Steve' date=' Having the PP pack I've stiffer springs/bushing/and sport tuning that may help with the weight transfer on launch even if not as much as the springs. Lower spring would look good.[/quote']

Yeah Steve is right on, similar to the H&Rs but not as much drop. I am using the Eibach Pro Kit spring set. They are suppose to have a couple soft coils then hard ones as they start to compress.

Other guys have pointed out that after cars get modded out the PP and NON PP run similar times. That said stock and near stock the PP cars are faster. Based on feel I think a lot of that is springs. Gunning it from a stand still before it was cushy and slower. Now it has a crisp feeling, and feels like it launches harder.

dang it... guess it's time to move springs up on my To Do List...... time to make a phone call...

I didn't know LITTLE RED WAGON had spring! OH YE You have the RED ROCKET WAGON the deluxes model had spring. (I'm showing my age both these names were on toy wagons when I was a kid) The and RED ROCK was faster than the LITTLE RED wagon.LOL

I didn't know LITTLE RED WAGON had spring! OH YE You have the RED ROCKET WAGON the deluxes model had spring. (I'm showing my age both these names were on toy wagons when I was a kid) The and RED ROCK was faster than the LITTLE RED wagon.LOL

Little Red Wagon... great... now i have the little red wagon joke stuck in my head! ;)

Little Red Wagon... great... now i have the little red wagon joke stuck in my head! ;)

My little Red Wagon was my Favorite toy as little KID. Now Camaro Guy at his 2nd childhood it's his nightmare. Sounds like the begining of a bad monster movie.

" THE RED ECOBRICK MONSTER"

Our story starts with Camaro Guy on Dr. Summit(raceparts)(who donen't believe in EcoMOSTER):wacko: couch. Mr. Camaro tell me what happen in you NIGHT-MARE. I put up to the lite-tree and there it comes IT'S BIG, IT'S RED, IT'S a EcoBOX WAGON!!!:behindsofa: The light went green my V8 sounded with a mighty roar:car: and there no sound from the wagon and then the MONSTER attack me "SUCK ME IN AirAid CAI thur ALkyControl 100% Methanol Sprayer thur Twin Turbo and out MRT Eco-Flow Exhaust. I well never sleep again.! Help me Doc:frusty:!!!!!! Mr Camaro your time is up. I'll see you next week.:faint::der::laugh:

My little Red Wagon was my Favorite toy as little KID. Now Camaro Guy at his 2nd childhood it's his nightmare. Sounds like the begining of a bad monster movie.

" THE RED ECOBRICK MONSTER"

Our story starts with Camaro Guy on Dr. Summit(raceparts)(who donen't believe in EcoMOSTER):wacko: couch. Mr. Camaro tell me what happen in you NIGHT-MARE. I put up to the lite-tree and there it comes IT'S BIG, IT'S RED, IT'S a EcoBOX WAGON!!!:behindsofa: The light went green my V8 sounded with a mighty roar:car: and there no sound from the wagon and then the MONSTER attack me "SUCK ME IN AirAid CAI thur ALkyControl 100% Methanol Sprayer thur Twin Turbo and out MRT Eco-Flow Exhaust. I well never sleep again.! Help me Doc:frusty:!!!!!! Mr Camaro your time is up. I'll see you next week.:faint::der::laugh:

ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT!!!!!

Best was the guy in a very FAST STI... apparently my launch was so fast and so HARD, it STUNNED HIM!!! He came up after we ran and told me after we ran! He said I STUNNED him sooooo bad he FORGOT TO GO!!! He had a .8xx RT!! LOL!

Oh.... for the record... i'm still on the stock air box!!! ;)

Oh.... for the record... i'm still on the stock air box!!! ;)

Was going to ask why not get the Airaid, but then I remembered your post that when you ran with a CAI..it slowed the Wagon down!:frusty:

But I do have one question, does Mother know what you do with her DD? My wife would kill me if I did that with her vehicle. Heck, she just about hangs me when I take our "beatermobile" scuba diving! And I'm not even hammering it, just driving it to save putting miles on the SHO!

Was going to ask why not get the Airaid, but then I remembered your post that when you ran with a CAI..it slowed the Wagon down!:frusty:

But I do have one question, does Mother know what you do with her DD? My wife would kill me if I did that with her vehicle. Heck, she just about hangs me when I take our "beatermobile" scuba diving! And I'm not even hammering it, just driving it to save putting miles on the SHO!

LOL! Yeah... the Mrs..... she is one very tolerant woman! As long as the Flex stays "reliable" and starts when you turns the key... and get's her from Point A to Point B, then I'm OK! The Stage 4+ tune is very well behaved on the street which make it acceptable to her! My Mustang and Camaro, were not nearly as street friendly and she absolutely hated driving them! So as long as I don't get to carried way with the Flex, i think I'll be OK...

Now to figure out how I can get the Eibach i just ordered installed without her noticing! LOL!

Oh... and I think she secretly likes when I leave my numbers from the track on the windows... I think she loves watching people's reaction when she tells them I drag race the Flex!

Archived