Ecoboost Owner Forums

Auto down windows

Small things are important to me. My last car before the SHO was a Trailblazer SS. It was fun but it was just a hertz rental blazer with nicer seats & wheels and Vette motor jammed under the hood. I had an Acura before that and it wasn't very quick but it was polished. One of my favorite features on that car was the auto down windows on the remote.

I was fumbling through my settings while I waited for a train crossing and I found the remote windows option. I love it! I know I have a remote start but sometimes if I'm planning on leaving I'd rather just drop the windows and pop the roof to get some of the hot air out of it.

It may not be a big thing to some people but it totally made my day.

Funny' date=' we had several members who didn't know the car had the feature[/quote']

+1 here. One of the many things I learned about this car from the first night I logged onto this board (when I sat and read EVERY old thread). Of course, the wife probably thought I was crazy going out to try it at 1130 at night. :RpS_confused:

Make sure you take the time to read through the older threads. There is a TON of good knowledge in there. I just had the obscure, non-TSB'd wire chafing problem fixed, and it made a HUGE difference.

Funny' date=' we had several members who didn't know the car had the feature, it is really nice on a warm day to vent some of the heat out of the car before you get in to it.[/quote']

I meet a new guy with a brand new 2013 but we could not get the remote windows to work. He had the remote with the remote start I don't know if that make a drifferent any help? This May help get him in the club, that would make 3 of us in Atlanta.

With the 2013 you have to go into the left side menu on the steering wheel under settings and turn it on.

Oh man, maybe I don't want a newer version of the SHO, heck I can't figure out how to do multi-quote here, I'd never be able to figure out the menu in the 13's!:doh:

Don't feel bad, I still go to the manual every time I have to readjust the driver's seat and set the remote for that memory setting. I can't for the life of me remember how to do it without consulting the manual. Guess I don't do it often enough to burn it into these old brain cells!:confused:

Archived