Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ok... so had a bit relapse on my "no more mods" promise... LOL!

The first scan by UPS may occur 24 hours after the package leaves our facility.

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:29 PM

ORIGIN SCAN

BALTIMORE, MD

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

ARRIVAL SCAN

SAGINAW, MI

Jul 27, 2012 at 05:12 AM

OUT FOR DELIVERY

SAGINAW, MI

More to come next week!

Those are the springs right? Are you going with Eibach? Or H&R to lower your time even more? Don't forget that camber bolts may be needed to enter in the specs and make sure to have it aligned one week after install... I learned it at the cost of a set of tires because the guy I had hired to do the install just installed the springs without alignment. I thought him being the expert, he would have at least let me know, but he told me I never had asked him... But I am sure you are more alert than I was... Looking forward to see pics of the red wagon after install and to see if you feel an improvement in drinving/racing.

Cheers!

Those are the springs right? Are you going with Eibach? Or H&R to lower your time even more? Don't forget that camber bolts may be needed to enter in the specs and make sure to have it aligned one week after install... I learned it at the cost of a set of tires because the guy I had hired to do the install just installed the springs without alignment. I thought him being the expert, he would have at least let me know, but he told me I never had asked him... But I am sure you are more alert than I was... Looking forward to see pics of the red wagon after install and to see if you feel an improvement in drinving/racing.

Cheers!

Doing the Eibach.... Ok, i'm sure I'm going to get an ear full... BUT, I'm going to try just putting in the rears... I know, I know.. all 4... whole system...etc. BUT i really, just want to level the Flex out and get rid of some of that rear wheel gap!! I don't mind the front gap but the REAR is killing me!!! LOL! I think the rear Eibach's look like they will do the trick!! We never really load the Flex with "Cargo" so not worried about the rear sagging.. we have F-250 for hauling stuff...

Yep, idea is to install the springs on Monday and then will get it aligned in the next day or two... we have a Firestone right down the street and they always do an EXCELLENT JOB doing alignments!

Cool' date=' please do before and after pictures so we can see the difference. Good luck hope the springs give you the look you want.[/quote']

Will do!

In the meantime... this picture just really shows just how much rake the Flex has..

john_1.jpg

Wow' date=' that's more then I expected to see. Do you think the new springs may help with weight transfer at the track? Even with AWD I would think it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more weight transferred during launch.[/quote']

The Flex rock backwards pretty hard right now...

atco_launch.jpg

Should be interesting to see what happens to my 60'!

Ok... took the Flex down to MRT today... swapped out the rear springs in under 30 minutes. The Flex handles just fine with just swapping the rears.... actually think it handles a bit better. Ride quality is great... really no noticeable change there. Did a few hard launches. Definitely lost the see-saw feeling! Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing! Unfortunately won't be able to get to the track for a while... probably at least another 2 to 3 weeks! ARG!!

As for looks... WOW... Love the new look!

BEFORE:

Before.jpg

AFTER:

after.jpg

I did some before and after measurements... look like the rear dropped 1.25" which is right in line with what is claimed... Now to get the Flex aligned...

Looks nice John! Not to much, actually well balanced with the front. I guess Ford put the rear higher to be able to have heavy loads in the back without having it touching the ground. Only 30 minutes, that's a joke. Cool man! enjoy the ride and hopefully you can improve your drag times at the same time!

• 2 weeks later...

Went down to Milan tonight, despite the head, humidity and low barometer.... Happy to say the springs DO NOT appear to have a negative impact on my 60'! I was concerned that they might... but my 60' were right on par with what they were the last few times to Milan! So i'm very happy about that! And for a bonus, i got to add a new car to my "Kill List"!!! Look for a new, short video!!! LOL

http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=525

There you go:

Cayman S does 1/4 mile in 13.1 sec with good driver and 0-60 in 5.2 sec.

John, your brick does it in 12.9 sec and 4.5 sec.

That is, imo, the video that best showcases your Flex!

I got my two Gopros H2, so I should go to the track in the next weeks, even if weather still hot n humid so that I can practice editing so that I ll be ready to film my run in the 11's this fall!!!

Archived