Ecoboost Owner Forums

How to reel in...

Scrming

Ok, so despite the heat, humidity and low barometer I went out to Milan this afternoon... wanted to see if the rear springs screwed up my 60'... as it turns out they appear to neither have hurt or helped! So I'm happy with that!! I did get one fun little video today....

I would like to say I gave the guy a head start! But in reality the tree dropped quicker than I expected and I was caught sleeping! YIKES! So i gave the guy a .35 head start... and this is how you reel in a Porsche! LOL!

[video=youtube;ezLw4PKKT_c]

pst... let the other guy pre-stage then stage then you pre-stage hang a few and then stage... catch him off guard...

Or pre-stage around the same time then let him stage before you..... works like a charm.... though some tracks get mad if you wait too long stage after they do... lol

pst... let the other guy pre-stage then stage then you pre-stage hang a few and then stage... catch him off guard...

Or pre-stage around the same time then let him stage before you..... works like a charm.... though some tracks get mad if you wait too long stage after they do... lol

Naw... I always try to practice "tree etiquette".... and actually during real events you only have a short fixed amount of time to stage... it's like after both cars have pre-staged and the other car has staged... I just need to be more alert when I hit Milan! LOL

LOL... I am not saying wait forever. I always let the them stage and before I light the stage light, tends to allow me to get in the right mind set. I have been told I tend to tree people, I am either really good at reacting or just really lucky....lol (I am thinking lucky)

LOL... I am not saying wait forever. I always let the them stage and before I light the stage light' date=' tends to allow me to get in the right mind set. I have been told I tend to tree people, I am either really good at reacting or just really lucky....lol (I am thinking lucky)[/quote']

I'm usually good at the tree... I just need to remember how fast they drop the lights at Milan! Once I remembered that I was fine... best of the night was a .006. ;)

Gentlemen's rule of the tree is to get close to the beams until the other guy finishes his burnout, then pre-stage when you're both ready, then stage once both are prestaged. I will say it used to grind my gears when I'd be trying to finish my burnout and the other guy had already staged. I dunno about other tracks, but at my local track, once one lane is staged, you only have 15 seconds to get staged.

Archived