Ecoboost Owner Forums

New SHO owner from Michigan

TurboQueef

Hi,

Name is Jeff... I am expecting delivery of a 2013 SHO on Monday or Tuesday!

The SHO will be my wife's car.. can't believe she wanted a performance car ... but very happy she fell in love with the SHO ;-)

I have been a performance nut ever sense I figured out what performance was. I owned and operated a 1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ drag bike for many years.... then I purchased a 2005 Subaru STi which I have modified a lot. I perform all mods except building the engine.. I tune the ECU myself using road dyno software. This summer I have been tuning in a methanol / water injection kit. Just took the car to the track to dial it in. I am using meth/water for safety only (not tuning aggressively). Was able to muster 12.09 @ 115 spinning in first gear.... On race fuel and stock heads (ported now) it ran 11.4 @ 124 on race fuel...enough about the subie.

I look forward to the SHO... have no plans to mod it at this time...

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Glad to see you heeded my suggestion on registering here on EBOF!

Nice background on the Subie, a few pics of her when time permits.

I think you (or your wife rather since she's the primary driver yes?) will really, truly enjoy the SHO.

We have a few members here that are anticipated to break into the 11's this Fall, so you're in good company here my friend.

Enjoy all of the info posted here thus far, be sure to take advantage of our Supporting Vendors and their host of products for our EB power plants.

Contribute where you can and once again thanks for registering. Welcome to your new home.

Mike :yo:

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Glad to see you heeded my suggestion on registering here on EBOF!

Nice background on the Subie, a few pics of her when time permits.

I think you (or your wife rather since she's the primary driver yes?) will really, truly enjoy the SHO.

We have a few members here that are anticipated to break into the 11's this Fall, so you're in good company here my friend.

Enjoy all of the info posted here thus far, be sure to take advantage of our Supporting Vendors and their host of products for our EB power plants.

Contribute where you can and once again thanks for registering. Welcome to your new home.

Mike :yo:

Thanks for the lead on this forum Mike..

Here's a video of the Subaru making its way down the 1/4 mile.. this pass was made with high boost, stock heads and race fuel.. I now have ported heads and am working with meth/water low boost tuning.

[video=youtube_share;KcwIvyJ8oaY]

Welcome' date=' quick subie! Very impressive. But come on now not going to mod the SHO at all? Big girls like the mods too... Not even a K&N?[/quote']

My wife is really not a performance nut.. I still can't believe she decided on the SHO. The short story is that I was looking for something to replace my need for speed in the case that I sell the STi.. I think the SHO looks very cool so I investigated it.. and found it to be a bit to heavy for my speed addiction. (Would take crazy mods like the subie to overcome heavy curb weight). As a joke, I showed my wife a photo of the SHO.. and explained it was AWD ... and had "eco-boost".. I stressed the eco in boost ;-) .. she fell in love with the car...

All that said... I think my options for Anniversary, Birthday and Christmas gifts has opened up a bit :director:

Jeff

Funny, I was talking to my wife this morning about a Livernois tune, and she asked, will improve gas mileage? I said I think so. And she said, okay, good. She also likes the ECO in Ecoboost. Did you see my message above about the meet we have coming up in a few weeks, here in Michigan?

Funny' date=' I was talking to my wife this morning about a Livernois tune, and she asked, will improve gas mileage? I said I think so. And she said, okay, good. She also likes the ECO in Ecoboost. Did you see my message above about the meet we have coming up in a few weeks, here in Michigan?[/quote']

I noticed your post about upcoming meet but could not find specific detail about it (date,time&location)

Thanks,

Jeff

Well Turbo we had a debate thread, and that is the one that has the last response. I also have a summarize thread down the page in the lounge a bit. We settled on a 2 day event but some are only coming to 1 of the 2 days. If your interested.

September 8th 11:30 at the Gilmore Auto Museum. meet, and lunch.

If traveling I suggested Five Points Kalamazoo because they have a bar & grill inside the hotel. I am driving a distance so I for 1 will be staying the night.

September 9th race at Stanton Dragway. It is an open test day, tech starts at 10:30.

Funny' date=' I was talking to my wife this morning about a Livernois tune, and she asked, will improve gas mileage? I said I think so. And she said, okay, good. She also likes the ECO in Ecoboost. Did you see my message above about the meet we have coming up in a few weeks, here in Michigan?[/quote']

Just returned from a trip to Ohio and back, flogged it hard both ways and got 25 MPG with the stage 4+, very pleased!

• 2 weeks later...

Well... so far, my return to the FORD experience is not off to a good start...

The SHO has still not arrived to the dealer.. it was produced on 8/22 and the tracking system still shows 8/30 as the delivery to dealer date.

My dealer was not providing any tangible info so I called the customer service line myself (after getting dealer codes etc from my dealer).. I found out the car is on "hold" at the plant.

The dealer is back on the trail trying to work with his FORD rep to find specific information about my car using the VIN. I want to know what the problem is and if it is affecting all Taurus's or just mine... and the scheduled countermeasure & delivery date...

Very frustrating...

Sorry to hear that queef. As I work for fords this happens from time to time a quality issue will arise and they will put a hold on all cars. This is so they can sort out the issue and to see what cars that are effected by it. With some many parts coming in from various venders sometimes a bad batch of parts goes out. But they will get it sorted out, but this doesn't mean there is a issue with your car. Just a issue with a car or multiple cars hence they hold all cars.

Well... so far, my return to the FORD experience is not off to a good start...

The SHO has still not arrived to the dealer.. it was produced on 8/22 and the tracking system still shows 8/30 as the delivery to dealer date.

My dealer was not providing any tangible info so I called the customer service line myself (after getting dealer codes etc from my dealer).. I found out the car is on "hold" at the plant.

The dealer is back on the trail trying to work with his FORD rep to find specific information about my car using the VIN. I want to know what the problem is and if it is affecting all Taurus's or just mine... and the scheduled countermeasure & delivery date...

Very frustrating...

Well... FORD could not provide my dealer any ETA on the vehicle we ordered so.. he searched and found a compairable unit in Detroit. My son and I along with a dealer driver took the trip to pick it up today.. Wife is very happy.. so am I...

Marcia%20SHO%202%20web.jpg

Archived