Ecoboost Owner Forums

Pp sho

I'm not sure as it relates to the engine Rpm's, that they would be any higher than in a Non-PP SHO.

As far as I understood it, the PP comes with better, performance brake pad(s), a slightly beefier suspension set-up, and a different final drive gear ratio that was like 3.16 or something versus the 2.77 in the Non-PP.

Visually, I'm not sure there would be a distinction.

The non-PP version comes with a spare, whereas the PP version I believe does not.

RPM's due to the different axles would be nominal at 60 mph -- maybe 200 .

The tires on the PP are dedicated summer rubber as opposed to all seasons for the non-PP.

That's all I can think of.

C.

Here's what it says on the Ford website: Enhance the performance of your SHO with the available SHO Performance Package. It features a sport-tuned suspension with unique shocks and track-tuned brake calipers, upgraded performance brake pads, a calibrated electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) system, higher-rated springs, tuned shocks, stiffer stabilizer bars and rear suspension to provide a more connected feel between the driver and the road. It also includes a Track Mode/True Off setting for AdvanceTrac® ESC (electronic stability control), which delivers a more spirited driving experience. And it has a 3.16 final drive ratio for quick off-the-line acceleration. The SHO Performance Package also comes with 20" machined and painted wheels with performance summer tires and a tire mobility kit.*

The asterisk states that the PP is not available with ACC.

Just think how much weight that "Tire Mobility Kit" saves!!!! And how much your tire repairman is going to "Cuss" you out if you use it!!!!!

Isn't the ratio difference 2.72 to 3.16 around 8%? (somebody with a calculator.....) With my smaller/lighter tires, I have upped my Brick's ratio from the 3.16 to 3.40. While I can't completely turn off ESC/T-C, I seem to be able to have enough power to have it OVER REACT!

between the so called mobility kit and summer tires it would be a deal breaker for me. Not worth the extra ratio and suspension bits and pieces since I'd have to get another set of tires for the winter.

If I were south and not needing a tire change, I'd definitely go for the PP.

I really like the intelligent cruise too. I would hate to give that up now.

C.

Would cost a bundle to change all the parts.

The easiest way to safely change the ratio is to get smaller/lighter wheels & Tires. To get to my 3.40 I am running 255-45-18"s (vs. stock 255-45-20"s). 285-40-18"s are also the same size. Know this goes against the "full wheel look"... but the much lighter un-sprung rotating mass keeps fuel mileage the same or better, even with 7+% smaller diameter tires.

There is an external visual cue that would tell you that a SHO does NOT have the PP. A SHO that has Adaptive Cruise Control will not have the PP. You can tell a SHO with ACC by the lower right grill panel. It is flat and does not have the honeycomb pattern that the lower center gill has. This is where the radar sensor is installed for the ACC.

...but the much lighter un-sprung rotating mass keeps fuel mileage the same or better' date=' even with 7+% smaller diameter tires.[/quote']

Did you use the tuner to calibrate the odometer for the smaller diameter wheels and tires? Otherwise it seems like it would be quite difficult to calculate the fuel mileage since the odometer would be telling you that you've traveled further than you really have.

-Rod

The SCT Tuner does a great job of adjusting for Tire RPM... Torrie knows my tire size, so his tunes already are adjusted for my 27" tires. The few times I run my stock 29" tires, I either run a tune file that has the original ODO info in it, or adjust accordingly.

I also have a Garmin GPS next to my A pillar for digital GPS Speedometer Readings. (Also have Ford Nav). Both the Ford settings for the Flex stock tires, as well as my adjusted readings compare almost exactly to the GPS speed shown.

• 1 month later...

I have a question about the pp package. This is my second sho.the first one got totaled.. My first one was a pp sho with the mobility kit. My new one is supposed to have the pp, it does have the 20's, but when I opened the trunk there was a spare tire! Is there any way to make sure I have the pp??? Or can anyone suggest any other way to tell? It feels like my old one performance wise...so I'm stumped as to why there's a spare...

SickSHO3D

It also includes a Track Mode/True Off setting for AdvanceTrac® ESC (electronic stability control)' date=' which delivers a more spirited driving experience. [/quote']

Like mjhpadi mentions, you can completely disable the AdvanceTrac® ESC on a PP SHO. As you go through the steps to turn off the ESC outlined in the manual, the info center will tell you that it is disabled.

You could get the original window sticker if you order the SVT certificate. It should list if you have the PP or not.

• 1 year later...

Hey there. Quick question for you, as I live in NJ and would like to get the SHO with the performance package. What is the exact name and specs of the Michelins that you bought for the car, and, given that we are a year out, are they still holding up? (I am assuming they were all season tires, yes?) Also, how hard was it for you to unload the F1 tires? (Or did you work out a deal with your dealership?) Thanks much!

Archived