Ecoboost Owner Forums

As promissed...pix of my Brand New 2013 SHO w/ PP

Very nice :hail:

Cool to see some of the suttle changes, throughout both the interior and exterior, in relation to the prior model years.

Thanks for posting :thumb:

BTW, Welcome aboard EBOF :welcome:

Thanks for registering. We all look forward to your contributions and you're certainly off to a great start.

Mike :yo:

Thanks. I got her Saturday morning. It rained all weekend in St. Louis from Isac. So after work I gave her a good washing. Will wait a month or so for the paint to cure all the way before I wax.

1st mods were

#1 remove dealer sticker

#2 remove dealer license plate frame

#3 remove TAURUS from the left side of the trunk lide.

I am contimplating taking the ECOBOOST badge off the right side. But it is attached as 1 big emblem with the SHO logo. Would require a bit of surgery. I just think the big grren ECOBOOST Leaf is ugly.

I like the quality of your pictures. I would appreciate if someone with a good camera and skills could photo shot mine while it's still new...

LOL.....thanks. My wife was litteraly laughing at me as I was taking these pictures. I just told her, "you are a girl, you dont understand"...as she frequently tells me the same thing when I argue with her or my daughters about female stuff.

In regards to the camera stuff. It's 80% knowing how to take good pictures, and 20% camera equipment. That being said, my camera bag has enough invested in it to almost buy a brand new KIA. It's one of my sicknesses / hobbies.

In case you haven't seen this before, here's what some of use did to the rear trunk with the Taurus lettering:

IMG_5141.jpg

There are several variations to this, bpd's is different from mine, and it was his idea that started the changes!

Do the 13's have TAURUS lettering? Did I miss something in his pic of the rear?

If you come one day to Napierville, I'll take pics of your car. I have a recent digital Canon with very high definition that takes good pictures... And I guess my skills are not too bad... The beauty with digital is that we ee the results right away so if we take many, for sure there will be a few good ones among them. Let me know or PM me.

Cheers!

I like the quality of your pictures. I would appreciate if someone with a good camera and skills could photo shot mine while it's still new...

If you come one day to Napierville, I'll take pics of your car. I have a recent digital Canon with very high definition that takes good pictures... And I guess my skills are not too bad... The beauty with digital is that we ee the results right away so if we take many, for sure there will be a few good ones among them. Let me know or PM me.

Cheers!

That would be great! Let me know when you are going to Napierville. I would be please to meet you, race the SHO, take pictures and have a shotgun ride in your 11,xx sec car ;)

I am contimplating taking the ECOBOOST badge off the right side. But it is attached as 1 big emblem with the SHO logo. Would require a bit of surgery. I just think the big grren ECOBOOST Leaf is ugly.

Funny you mentioned this. Just last night my son and I were talking ablut how the MKS Ecoboost logo is more attractive than the SHO ecoboost logo. He is 13 and said the SHO looked too much like a plant. LOL. I wonder if you could cut and replace with an MKS eco badge. The MKS eco badge is a stand alone - not attached to anything.

Here is a link to one. I personally like the black and LESS green as compared to other Eco badges. This was stock on all 2010-2013 MKS Ecos. And, MKT Ecos as well I think....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECOBOOST-BRAND-NEW-OEM-ECOOBOST-EMBLEM-FOR-LINCOLN-MTX-2010-2011-AE9Z-7842528-B-/130743077764?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e70e50b84&vxp=mtr

Can we install those LED rear lights on a 2010? I am very curious about changing mine over to them. Plus they don't have that nasty chrome trim.

I love the newer model. Biggest addition in my mind was the re-done interior. They really nailed it with the digital disply and the more simple center panel. Beautiful chose in color as well :) Though I'm a bit partial to it.

No on the LED lights. It's a different trunk shape and different wiring job I believe.

If it's different wiring, then that can probably be converted over pretty easily. But if it's a different shape it won't work at all. Any way to confirm that it's a different shape/style from the previous years?

Actually......

I got to view fellow EBOF member macsho98, or is it mac98sho? Oh hell it skips me at the moment.....

Anyhow, I got to see Scott's 2013 SHO in person while attending this year's NATIONAL SHO CONVENTION, & much to my surprise.....

Any '10, '11, or '12 SHO owner CAN retro the '13 LED tails onto their cars.....

It will however involve though ordering / replacing the entire trunk lid.

The outer assemblies are the same (minus the chrome trim) but it is the inner assemblies (located on the trunk lid itself) in which lies the significant differences in shape / design.

I have no idea about the wiring diagrams / schematics involved, but from a structural, body style type of standpoint, again, "all" that would be needed to accomplish this retro is the '13 trunk lid, of course the '13 tail assemblies (complete outer / inner), perhaps the bulb(s), and then any necessary wiring / harnesses.

Unlike what was previously thought, including by myself tyvm, this can actually be done.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Actually......

I got to view fellow EBOF member macsho98, or is it mac98sho? Oh hell it skips me at the moment.....

Anyhow, I got to see Scott's 2013 SHO in person while attending this year's NATIONAL SHO CONVENTION, & much to my surprise.....

Any '10, '11, or '12 SHO owner CAN retro the '13 LED tails onto their cars.....

It will however involve though ordering / replacing the entire trunk lid.

The outer assemblies are the same (minus the chrome trim) but it is the inner assemblies (located on the trunk lid itself) in which lies the significant differences in shape / design.

I have no idea about the wiring diagrams / schematics involved, but from a structural, body style type of standpoint, again, "all" that would be needed to accomplish this retro is the '13 trunk lid, of course the '13 tail assemblies (complete outer / inner), perhaps the bulb(s), and then any necessary wiring / harnesses.

Unlike what was previously thought, including by myself tyvm, this can actually be done.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Well, it seems I won't be doing this upgrade any time soon. If you have to replace the entire trunk lid, I don't even want to venture to know what the final costs on that would be lol. I was actually thinking about just replacing the exterior two lights, but the more I look at it I am not sure if that would look very good. If I ever figure out a way to adapt them in I will most definitely share it with the rest of you. But it will probably be awhile till I can get my hands on some for cheap. Thanks.

Archived