Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 Focus ST, calibration development vehicle

tmcphail

As stated in our calibration thread our 13 ST was purchased with one primary “focus” in mind and that was to get custom tuning jump started and available to all of us. We all know that will be the base platform needed to properly calibrate these vehicles from stock form to highly modified. Since last week we have had the only Tuned Focus ST on the planet.

A big thanks goes out to the whole team at SCT and Especially Chris Johnson for all of the hard work they have done to bring this together !!

Dyno :

SCT vs Stock Calibration Notes:

Same SCT calibration was tested on both 87 and 93....power is down about 15fwhp on 87 vs 93.

NOTE: SCT recommends 93 or 91 octane.

The big deal is the power gain when the car is "hot" and at normal drive temp (99% of your time)

Stock Boost Levels- Stock the ST will make spikes of boost around

21.5 psi and then holds between 20psi - 17psi, depending on the commanded torque.

SCT Calibration Boost Levels - SCT 93 Octane Calibration the ST will make spikes of boost around 23.5 psi and then holds between 22.5psi

- 17psi, depending on the commanded torque.

Air Inlet Temps are very good.....after 10 minutes of idle time and

7 runs in a row they climbed from 80F (run 1) to 110F (run 7).

Stock Speed Limit is 186mph

Stock Rev Limit is 6700rpm

SCT Calibration Rev Limit is 7300rpm

Torque Truncation has been eliminated

Now, the car remains an ANIMAL on the street after it has some heat in it.

I am also putting together a group buy for the SCT X3 programmer $ 399 through October.

Link to order, its listed at the very top of the page :

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/content/view/42/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saturday I went and test drove the new ST.

I left with a 2013 SHO.

I'm not knocking the ST at all, I have an 06 and was really looking forward to it.

The reality is I would have loved it at 25, but in my late 30's I wouldn't want to live with it on a day to day basis.

It's an awesome value.

But it's no SHO.

Saturday I went and test drove the new ST.

I left with a 2013 SHO.

I'm not knocking the ST at all, I have an 06 and was really looking forward to it.

The reality is I would have loved it at 25, but in my late 30's I wouldn't want to live with it on a day to day basis.

It's an awesome value.

But it's no SHO.

Man... hope I never get OLD... the ST is an absolute BLAST! It's my daily driver (until the snow flies) and after two weeks I still look forward to driving it! BTW... I'm 49.... LOL!

Archived