Ecoboost Owner Forums

Got the windows tinted @ 35% all the way around... here are the results

Cool, I didn't realize that was an option for the new SHO! Have you tried it out yet?

-Rod

I think it is for the blind spot sensor too.

I have tried the auto parallel parking. It is a gimmick. While it works as advertised. I will never use it when i need to parallel park for real. there are a few issues.

#1 its too slow to "find" a spot. You have to creep along with your blinker on to the side you want to park. If you go to fast (over 3mph) the car wont find a spot. If you are in a situation where you need to parallel park on a street, i am normally zooming quite fast till a find a spot.

#2 it requires almost double the car length for a spot to "qualify" as a parking spot. frankly, I can park just fine in a big spot. i would need the assist for when things are tight. But tight spots it wont even work.

My old car had back up sensors. Now this car has back up sensors and the camera. I dont think I will ever use the auto park.

Looks good. What part of Missouri are you in?

West county. Eureka wildwood area.

What part of NW arkansas are you in. I drive to that area at least 4 times a year if not more. Wifes Parents live in Goshen, her brother in Lowell, Her sister in Fayettville, and various other cousins and uncles in Rogers.

So I am there quite a lot.

I think it is for the blind spot sensor too.

Negative, the blind spot sensor is located in the square looking part of the rear fender well at the rear of the well.. I have the BLISS and I don't have any sensors on the front of the car, I believe those are totally dedicated for the auto park feature.

I have used the parking assistant a few times with mixed results. Some of the one way streets here in NY have alternate side parking. Hit the button put on the left blinker and it scans left then quickly goes back to the right side of the street! No good. Once in Yonkers I had success with parking in a tight spot on the street. You have to backup very slowly. The other 3 times I attempted to park where the curbs were half height and the sensors did not detect them and I drove up on them. Its a cool gadget but nothing to get all excited about. What if a sensor fails and you clip the parked car? How can you prove it is Fords fault? Exactly I will rely on my skills but its fun to show off once in a while.:thumb:

BTW I like the silver and nice tints!

West county. Eureka wildwood area.

What part of NW arkansas are you in. I drive to that area at least 4 times a year if not more. Wifes Parents live in Goshen, her brother in Lowell, Her sister in Fayettville, and various other cousins and uncles in Rogers.

So I am there quite a lot.

I'm in Bella Vista. Let me know if you are ever in town and maybe we can cruise out to Eureka Springs, decent roads out that way.

Archived