Ecoboost Owner Forums

H&R Springs on 2013

Really not that difficult at all....

Rears are piece of cake.

Fronts take a lil more coaxing / effort, due primarily to the overall length of the shock tower, but still reasonable.

If you haven't through the following threads below, do so, as they contain pertinent info related to the spring install (performed on previous model years, but should be relatively similar) :

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?238-Spring-Installation-DIY/page2

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?103-quot-How-To-quot-Get-Your-Lowered-SHO-Back-Into-OEM-Alignment-Specs

No only a local speed shop that thought I would do the alignment on my side... But as a newbie, I would have hoped the "pro" to inform me that it was needed... He defendes himself that I only had asked him to install thw springs, that he had a hard time doing the install ( no camber bolts at that time) and that it was 't his fault... I disn't want to argue anymore. So I purchased at discounttires.com the new Hankkok and when I had them installed, the guy told me that it needed camber bolts to enter withon the specs...

The first "pro" was the one that had tuned my V6 Fusion prior to the SHO and I am glad It went that way because he would have been my guy to fabric a custom made air intake and a tune... It motivated me to look into other options for tuners and it led me to Livernois! The rest of the story is now public and similar to all their customers... Mow that's a happy ending!

I installed Eibach springs on my previous car 2006 G6 and it was really easy. Around 1.5 hours for the 4 corners with a manual homemade coil compressor, which you need to dismantle the strut assembly on front corners.

I also installed ajustable coilovers and strut braces on my previous STi, also easy job, no need to dismantle struts at that time because I changed them altogether. Also 1.5 hours for 4 corners + 2 braces.

Only question: isn't 2013 SHO with performance package has different suspension setup?

• 5 months later...

Hi!

I ordered last Friday H&R springs for my new 2013 SHO... Anyone knows if the camber bolts no.81280 will still work. When I called the guy to order the H&R springs, he told me that the springs themselves would fit all models 2010 and up, but I just want to make sure the camber bolts will fit too. Maybe it is a dumb question, but since I don't know much about all of that, I prefer to make sure. Also, going back to the original thread on how-to writen by bpdmike, he refers us to Speciality Products Company which sells those camber bolts for 46.37$... Is there a place with a better price? I figured I'd ask since the how-to thread already dates from Nov 2011.

Thanks!

Edit: I found two sellers on amazone selling them at 22.50$ or 26.77$... Not big money, but still more reasonable for just two screws!

Steve, I personally have no idea :noidea:

I know that doesn't help you, but I would bargain to say that given the lack of replies, nobody else does either for that matter.

If you find out on your own, please report back your findings, as I would imagine other '13 owner's, much like yourself now, would appreciate the information.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

If you find out on your own, please report back your findings, as I would imagine other '13 owner's, much like yourself now, would appreciate the information.

Yes, and we expect a speedy answer! My springs are due in this Thursday.:D I was planning on seeing if it would align within specs first.

I am supposed to talk to LMS Rick today for another Mycal unit (the one I have for 2010 is not compatible for the 2013... At least it will be for the 2010 Lincoln MKT ) and for downpipes (hehe... Taking advantage that I'll be swapping exhaust to install downpipes)... I believe LMS lowered their 2013's no?

I'll post back ASAP with answer.

Thanks!

I ordered them anyways and will have them by Wednesday, I reserved my appointment for the install this Friday.

Also, I will have the windows tinted Wednesday at 1pm and will use that time to take back my Airaid in the 2010 and install it in the 2013 and put back the 2010 OEM cai in the 2010...

Next week = exhaust with downpipes and possibly the meth kit install

In two weeks = LMS tune for 2013 SHO with downpipes, tstat170F and meth...

In a month = 11.9 at 118mph at the track!

Woohoo!

That's good to hear the bolts are no longer needed.

I'll presume that there must've been some type of design change in that aspect, as there were many changes for the 2013 model year.

Thanks for reporting that tidbit of 411 for the rest of your fellow 2013 owners.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I just received my H&R at the door at home my wife just told me. I have my apointment tomorrow for the install. I have purchased the camber bolts in case... I had even paid for rush delivery and finally I found out that the shipping of the springs were taking longer than expected, so I will have lost a 60$ with camber bolts if not needed... I may have them to sell in a bit if someone with a 2010-12 needs them. I'll confirm once installed if they were needed. Can't wait to have it dropped... One gets used to the lowered SHO and even if it is a nice car, I really think that Ford is exagerating... They should lower that car by a good inch. I mean, I think it is as high as the MKT, no kidding!

Archived