Ecoboost Owner Forums

A few (minor) changes

Just wanted to show a few of the minor appearance mods I've done so far. Much more to come, but will probably hold off till next year on them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1105[/ATTACH]

License plate light stock

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1108[/ATTACH]

License plate light with LEDs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1106[/ATTACH]

Interior lights stock (not very bright, cell phone camera)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1107[/ATTACH]

Interior lights with LEDs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1109[/ATTACH]

Debadged back and Ford emblem painted to match body color (don't mind the dirty car! With the rain, midterms at school, and work, I haven't had a single minute to clean her up!)

post-563-142532294729_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294733_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294738_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294742_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294746_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294729_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294733_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294738_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294742_thumb.jpg

post-563-142532294746_thumb.jpg

Any "SHO" Hood Stripes yet??:RpS_rolleyes:

Haha not yet but will definitely be getting some once I can decide on a color to do some other accented stuff too.

That's a good start! Any plan for perfromance mods?

Eventually, yes. I paid extra for a 3 year extended warranty so I'm a little hesitant to do anything serious yet. The only mod in our aftermarket so far that seems to give decent gains is a tune though so I'm not sure if I'll give in and get it before my warranty is up or not. I came from a '97 Grand Prix that ran barely under 14 flat in the 1/4, so this car is already feeling quick enough :)

Very nice!

But, I thought the SHO already had the colored LEDs like the MKS - that can change colors and brightness, no? In any event, looks great and the license plate light looks really crisp.

Thanks. If you mean the ambient lights on the ground, door handles, etc, yes it has those also. I replaced the dome lights though.

Thanks for the comments. I don't care what kind of car it is, a stock car is just boring to me. I will keep you all posted with what changes come next! And you guys do the same, so I can steal some ideas lol.

Very nice!

But, I thought the SHO already had the colored LEDs like the MKS - that can change colors and brightness, no? In any event, looks great and the license plate light looks really crisp.

The SHO does come with interior LED's that change color but the map lights, overhead interior lighting, and vanity mirror lights are all regular bulbs, those are what we have changed to LED's as well as the puddle lamps in the outside mirrors, they come with bulbs but some have changed them to LEDs. They are more work then the interior lighting changes because you have to cut the light itself apart to get at the bulb, but the LED's look much better. Bpd did a "How To" on the puddle lamps that was a giant help. Just as a side note, I also changed my interior trunk light to LED.

Archived