Ecoboost Owner Forums

You think if a person just did the rear lowering springs' date=' that it would level the car out? Really just looking to get the ass end out of the air.[/quote']

Dude, I've been thinking the same thing since day one of ownership. I like the height in front, just 1" in the back would make me satisfied

Call me crazy, but I like the raked look from front to rear of the SHO's / Flex's in both stock form, as well as in modified form when BOTH the front & the rear are lowered simultaneously.

Doing just the rear only looks OK, but still for me, not as preferred as retaining the raked look when lowering the car at each corner.

It harkens back to the old school muscle car days IMHO where the ass end of sporty / muscle cars were higher than it's relation to the vehicle's front ends.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Nah, then its big time raked out. I should have took pic's when I did mine, but I had on the ground after I lower the fronts and the ass was way up in the air. But having a little bit rake I think helps when launching keeping all the weight transfer shift towards the rear as the rear drops and front raises. But lower springs help with this a lot as seen here.

Stock springs

file-6.jpg

H&R springs

file-7.jpg

I am inclined to just do the rear also, I understand that for launching, but what about turning? Isn't the front getting overloaded on braking and heading into turns ? I would like to even it out so its flat in turns and I think it looks better. But I would like an opinion of somebody that has AutoX'd or taken it to a Track day on a road course which, I've been contemplating just the rake is making it questionable to track day it.

I would not be concerned about the rake angle as it comes from the factory with regard to heading to the track, especially if you have the Performance Package suspension.

Now that being said, we all drive at different levels and push our cars differently on a track day, so my comment is quite subjective.

A Non-PP SHO would more likely suffer from high temps, as it does not have the 30% increased engine cooling, nor any oil cooling or tranny cooling. Also, the Non-PP brakes will fade quicker.

A Non-PP SHO would more likely suffer from high temps' date=' as it does not have the 30% increased engine cooling, nor any oil cooling or tranny cooling. Also, the Non-PP brakes will fade quicker.[/b']

'10, '11, and '12 SHO's, regardless of PP pkg, or NON-PP pkg, neither had any of the auxiliary coolers.

Those would have to be retro-fitted accordingly.

Only the '13 (and presumably beyond) will have those difference(s) between option pkg's.

'13 PP also had/has the larger volume radiator to accomodate the extra coolers on the PP pkg.

I agreed the 13's were the first ones that really made the PP a serious package that added a lot of desirable items. When I was looking at the SHO back in 2010, the PP did not offer enough to make me want to give up all the options that would have had to be deleted to get the PP. In 11, I believe that changed for the 11's when the only option you could not get with the PP was the ACC. I believe it is still that way that you cannot get the ACC with the PP.

Archived