Ecoboost Owner Forums

Yay! new springs for my Birthday!

Thanks for the BD wishes.

I noticed H&R offers several variations of springs for the car. What is the popular one. The Sport Spring Set?

OE Sport Springs

Sport Springs

Race Springs

Super Sport Springs

Also will I need the alignment kit so proper adjustment can be achieved?

Wow! It would appear that I haven't checked in with my contact over at H&R for quite some time :doh:

He is in the Research and Development area for them and we worked together on the alignment issues and what would be needed to get the car back into OEM specs once lowered.

What I didn't realize though, is that (using your post mind you) they've apparently EXPANDED their product offering(s) for the Taurus platform.

Very cool! :thumb:

I do know that they recently added their spacers to the plate of products offered, but prior to them posting those spacers on their website, the last I spoke to my contact (this past summer of 2011), they were still re-tooling their equipment and getting those made (outside of the country).

So, if they have newer products since my spring purchase and resulting install, well awesome! But I don't know much about those current offerings.

I still have the box my springs came in, I will get the info from it tonight and post tomorrow. I have seen it said on another thread the ride is slightly stiffer, I would call it noticeably firmer but in no way unpleasant. The car drove and handled beautifully on my holiday trip to Columbus Oh and back.

What's the expected drop for HR vs Eibach?

1.4 for the front and 1.6 for the rear is what H&R claims. I've seen about 1.6 for my front and 1.9 in my rear.....

Ok, that last part admittedly sounded creepy.

But oh yes, the ride is phenominal btw, that is if it hasn't been mentioned before.

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

1.4 for the front and 1.6 for the rear is what H&R claims. I've seen about 1.6 for my front and 1.9 in my rear.....

Ok, that last part admittedly sounded creepy.

But oh yes, the ride is phenominal btw, that is if it hasn't been mentioned before.

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

Any issues with hitting the bump stops/bottoming out?

:RpS_cursing: Ahhhhh...you guys are going to convince me to change the springs yet...please stop posting about how much better the car rides/handles/ looks with the H&R's!!!:frusty:

Just to clarify, I dont think the car rides or handles "better", just different and not objectionable. I did not mind at all the way the car handled and drove stock and would not hesitate at all if I had to go back. I do like the stance and overall look of the car lowered much more however.

Just to clarify' date=' I dont think the car rides or handles "better", just different and not objectionable. I did not mind at all the way the car handled and drove stock and would not hesitate at all if I had to go back. I do like the stance and overall look of the car lowered much more however.[/quote']

See that is my concern. I stated that in the "OTHER" forum.

I love the stock ride but hate the ass in the air look and overall ride height of stock. My Shelby GT, I already need a kidney belt for. Don't want that for my SHO.

So. I'm going to do it no matter what. H&R's. I can always go back. Gone are the days of cutting with a Hacksaw. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just to clarify' date=' I dont think the car rides or handles "better", just different and not objectionable. I did not mind at all the way the car handled and drove stock and would not hesitate at all if I had to go back. I do like the stance and overall look of the car lowered much more however.[/quote']

Does the car bottom out or hit the bump stops often in everyday driving? That's my biggest concern. I would love a stiffer ride with less roll & more aggressive look but definitely dont want to be hitting the bump stops on every dip or bump in the road.

Does the car bottom out or hit the bump stops often in everyday driving? That's my biggest concern. I would love a stiffer ride with less roll & more aggressive look but definitely dont want to be hitting the bump stops on every dip or bump in the road.

We never seem to have issues with bottoming out or scraping even on our horrible MI roads.

Rick

I just picked up some H&Rs and should have 'em I hope next week. This may sound odd as hell, but I'm going to keep the Eibach's up front and do the H&R's in the back. My Eibach's already cause the front to scrape and it looks fine the way it is. Mine actually dropped more than Eibach claimed too. The rear Eibach springs are not low enough for my liking so hopefully having some "H&R-bachs" on my car it'll be perfect. Oh, and how many H&R users have had to get those cam bolts that are mentioned after installing the springs?? Are they really needed or is that $50.00 spent better elsewhere?

I just picked up some H&Rs and should have 'em I hope next week. This may sound odd as hell' date=' but I'm going to keep the Eibach's up front and do the H&R's in the back. My Eibach's already cause the front to scrape and it looks fine the way it is. Mine actually dropped more than Eibach claimed too. The rear Eibach springs are not low enough for my liking so hopefully having some "H&R-bachs" on my car it'll be perfect. Oh, and how many H&R users have had to get those cam bolts that are mentioned after installing the springs?? Are they [i']really[/i] needed or is that $50.00 spent better elsewhere?

How low was your drop front/rear with the Eibachs? Do you have any pics? How is the ride?

As to adjusting bolts.... depends on the car... (Related to original factory install of suspension and springs). I didn't need them on my Flex. Have a set in an unopened box. They are Specialty Products Co, Rear Camber Bolts, part# 81280. Says on box... Changes camber and or caster up to + - 1.75 degrees.

Anybody who needs these, make me an offer. Sell for $28.90 on Amazon & at JEGS... including shipping.

And... Even with my smaller/lighter XL Extra Load tires, pushing 40 lbs air, the ride is only slightly firmer, but the handling is MUCH better, especially with the Conti DW's. Stock Goodyear RS-A's tend to wander... Worse with stock springs, but still happens some with H & R's.

The springs and the tranny part of our tunes, are the two most important mods to making the EB cars drive flawlessly!

Those bolts that EBB is offering up for sale are the same bolts I did need to use on my SHO.

Even though there is "slot" designed into the area where the upper spindle bolt passes through, for some odd reason, there have been some owners (like me) that needed the cam bolts, where as there have been others, who for w/e reasons didn't need them.

From what I understand it has (or had) something to do with how the cars were put together from the factory as it relates to the suspension.

Some owner were able to get all of the adjustment necessary from the above mentioned "slot", and others (like me) were not.

I did do a "how-to" write up on this subject matter which is located here:

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?103-quot-How-To-quot-Get-Your-Lowered-SHO-Back-Into-OEM-Alignment-Specs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]74[/ATTACH]

No bottoming out issues at all, not even over the speed bumps in our lot at work.

post-94-142532286253_thumb.jpg

post-94-142532286255_thumb.jpg

post-94-142532286253_thumb.jpg

post-94-142532286255_thumb.jpg

Archived