Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ok so I'm debating getting a sho

Hey everyone I'm debating on getting a 2011 sho. I'm a huge ford lover and I like being able to spend just a grand or two and be able to beat my bros 04 cobra but have a family vehicle. Only thing I skeptic about is reliability. I have seen a lot on people having problems with their sho. This will be my first new car purchase and can't afford for something to go wrong all the time. I was also looking at a 2012 or 2013 charger rt awd. I know everyone will be kinda bias on the ford but i drove a 2012 v6 and the power was nice and driving it was nice but the main thing that sucks is the technology doesn't seem anywhere near the sho on the inside. And also u can't mod the computer yet cause no one can crack the PCM on them. So only a intake and exhaust is about all ur looking at on it. But they don't seem to have much problems it seems their weak side is the suspension supposedly. I'm kinda torn I like the sho but scared of breaking something. What's y'all's in put.

I haven't noticed any glaring reliability issues. It's a really sweet car for a dd, rides smooth, and I love the interior.

I drove a Charger in the past coulple of years; was an SRT8, I believe it was 425hp. I was really dissapointed in the hp that car had. Seemed like my v6 Camry I had at the time had more zip.

hey whats up, just a quick few comments, i feel u cant buy a car with worries of it breaking down and not being reliable and etc. i mean it happens to all cars being a 2010,2011 or a 2013 or it could be on a ford sho $40,50,000 or on a bmw,mercedes $100,000 car, so all i can say is that it is a great car and my personal only issues with having a SHO is the local dealership is always a major pain in the azz and super unfriendly, but that has nothing to do with the car and ive heard many great friendly dealerships that will work with ya and that goes i guess both ways good or bad for any brand, so for my answer and opinion i would def. get a SHO 2011 AND im sure if you sweet deal on it that will just help out ur decision, good luck on it and keep us posted !!

anthony

I have a 2010 built in 2009 with over 51,000 miles without a single mechanical or electrical issue. I just had to deal with the infamous tail light flaking problem. The dealership efficiently replaced them without issue.

I rented a 2012 Charger with the V6 my last trip to Nashville. I really like the new styling. I agree that you should consider a 300 to get an option package that could match the SHO. Also, the Charger is a big car closing in on two tons like the SHO, so I found the V6 in the Charger a little under powered. If you get a Charger or 300, spring for the Hemi.

I don't think you'll find too many biased opinions here.

The vast majority of us are rather objective and don't place our EB's over other products.

Sure, we drive Ford's, but for me personally, I came from an '07 Charger R/T (heavily modified ofcourse):

Newcarpetingforshows003.jpg

Newcarpetingforshows002.jpg

I've owned all sorts of makes and models over the years, both Foreign and Domestic. I've liked each of them for what they were, and yes, believe it or not, each product has their own quirks.

As far as the SHO's go..... I can't think of a lot problems people have had with them, at least not enough so to ever deter me from having purchased one.

2010 was the 1st SHO models to be produced by FMC in over 10 years.

I hear the 2013's are a HUGE improvement over the 10's, 11's and 12's......

Notably for those model years, the most common issues were the peeling chrome tail lights, and the under designed, skimpy brakes (both issues addressed with the 13's)......

I liked the Charger, but i'll tell 'ya what..... you see them everywhere now. They're a dime a dozen. Even my old one being as modded as it was, barely stuck out of the crowd.

The SHO's unique in that aspect, and you are correct, it is a Techno-Sled in comparison to the feature's offered even on the newest models of Charger's.

Ummm..... what else?

No need to be scared of breaking something either. The EcoBoost platform has proven itself to be quite reliable. Solid motor, and with the addition of even just a tune, and perhaps CAI, you can break into the 12's w/o much effort.

Not trying to sell you on it, by all means make your own observations and/or decisions, but suffice it to say, I like mine, as do other's here on EBOF.

Good luck in w/e it is you choose, and welcome to the community :welcome:

We look forward to your involvement here :thumb:

Mike :yo:

Hey everyone I'm debating on getting a 2011 sho. I'm a huge ford lover and I like being able to spend just a grand or two and be able to beat my bros 04 cobra but have a family vehicle. Only thing I skeptic about is reliability. I have seen a lot on people having problems with their sho. This will be my first new car purchase and can't afford for something to go wrong all the time. I was also looking at a 2012 or 2013 charger rt awd. I know everyone will be kinda bias on the ford but i drove a 2012 v6 and the power was nice and driving it was nice but the main thing that sucks is the technology doesn't seem anywhere near the sho on the inside. And also u can't mod the computer yet cause no one can crack the PCM on them. So only a intake and exhaust is about all ur looking at on it. But they don't seem to have much problems it seems their weak side is the suspension supposedly. I'm kinda torn I like the sho but scared of breaking something. What's y'all's in put.

Buy an extended warranty. I have already gone through a tranny, turbo oil inlet line and the fuel fill inlet light keeps throwing a check engine light

Good call waiting till January...I bought my 11, new, last January for $500 over invoice, and there was a rebate on top of that.

And I never used to be a big fan of the extended warranties...until I had a weak moment and bought one and thank goodness I did as I had to use it on a Camry I used to have. Thus I did buy one for this SHO; and really, for $1,500 give or take...I think they are well worth it for the peace of mind. Anything goes wrong with these newer cars and the repair bill can be expensive.

Having experience with both the '10 & '13 SHO the power & drivetrain feel solid. Others have proven that it is also capable of handling much more that what the car comes with stock power wise. The problems i have had are with random squeaks and rattles which are no big deal. If your worried about reliablity, then if your looking at a used SHO buy one from a ford dealer and have it "certified preowned" That will extended your B2B warranty and your powertrain. If you looking at a '13 i would pick up something extra just because there are so many electronic toys. Most on the lot cars around me have the 402a package which includes the powered rear sunshade, auto parking assist, Myford touch, etc. So i got the extra protection because 60K miles down the road i wanted to make sure i was covered.

Having just gone through the "buy a new car" process, I can tell you, the SHO (2013) surprised the heck out of me, and 6 weeks later I stillmake excuses to go out and drive it some place.

I am coming from the last 12 years in an Audi and Volvo.

The fit and finish on the SHO is way better than my last fords (98 mustang GT and 98 expedian) Body and interior seem very well DESINED and put together well too. Me being the good american (republican) I am, i felt this is the first Ford I could buy to reward ford for a job well done, not taking bail out money, and making their product better.

I hat $45k to spend on a new car. I looked at VW cc, Volvo S60 rd, Dodge Charger, Audi A4 and A6. No other car gave me the lvel of performance, style, and excitment for $45k that the SHO did.

Thanks for all the feedback y'all. I feel a lot more confident on buying a sho. I just gotta see if I can go for a 13 or just afford the 11. I was debating on the extended warranty but I know I'm gonna get the tune and it will void it anyway so I don't think it's gonna help. I will let you all know when I get it and I will post some Picts

Don't wait. Buy one now. You won't regret it. ;)

Completely agree with this^. I wasn't sure that I would be happy with the SHO since I wanted a GT-500 (wife said NO to that). But I am really, really, really happy that I got the SHO. It has had less problems that most of the new cars I've purchased and it really is a unique car. I see a ton of Mustangs daily but it is very rare to see another SHO. Heck, I really believe I see less of the latest gen Taurus then I do of the Mustangs. And Ford has been very good at correcting any problem I have encountered, although I don't have near the miles that many have put on their cars.

Having just gone through the "buy a new car" process, I can tell you, the SHO (2013) surprised the heck out of me, and 6 weeks later I stillmake excuses to go out and drive it some place.

Me being the good american (republican) I am, i felt this is the first Ford I could buy to reward ford for a job well done, not taking bail out money, and making their product better.

Same deal here and I couldn't agree more. The other car I was considering was the Audi S4 but I felt the 2013 SHO was a much better balance of comfort and performance. No complaints or regrets here after about a month of daily driving.

Destroying may be a big word but you surely won that 1/8 mile... Camaros are slow off the line but they catch up on second portion of 1/4 mile...

Back to topic, the SHO, as shown in Evan's video, allows you to take off strong every single time...

It would have been worse but he actually got the jump on me because the light took so long to go that i had to stop revving to save my turbos then it started and caught me off guard. Still beat him by about a car and a half. Our second race was a win for me by 3 cars.

Like Goblues (hey man, I finally made an account, lol) I also came from S60R ownership, and I have to tell you... from one sleeper car to another, it's almost night and day how much more I LOVE to drive this car, and I *LOVED* my R.

Like you, I shopped the 13s, found a few in my price point, even found two (one PP) in my preferred color, AND with demo miles (making them cheaper), and I *still* settled on an 11 with 16k miles. Why? 47 new vs 36 used and I talked them down to 32. Add in Premiumcare 100k for 1250, and, I have a 1 year old car with a better warranty, better paddle shifters(imho... I prefer a *dedicated* manual mode with both paddles performing both functions), a hard drive for the radio, more subtle styling (again, I ADORE that it's a sleeper.. I'm THISCLOSE to debadging, actually), and someone else took the depreciation hit for me, all for 15k LESS.

Oh, and the navigation doesn't require me to use a memory card slot. Bonus!

Don't get me wrong, the 13s are sexy, and getting a PP car was a priority for me (mine is non-pp) but, in the end, I swung a helluva deal, and don't regret one second of my decision (although, I just got a new job in the loop that will negate my daily driving, sigh).

Hell, I love it so much, I made an account just to post to tell you to buy one. (I've lurked for months, haha)

So, buy one.

No kidding, no joke, I have had my 2010 Ecoboost MKS (just an SHO with lipstick) almost a year and I too go out for absolutely no reason just to drive. I have had a lot of vehicles from a Z32 300ZX Twin Turbo, to an Impala SS, to a new 403 HP Escalade and that desire to drive for no reason wore off after a month or two. With this one, I feel like it is theraputic to drive. I love my Ecoboost - even more so because of Livernois. A comfortable, luxurious, LARGE, AWD, attention grabbing sub 5 second 0-60 car does not get boring. :)

ps. Regarding new or used.....I also had somebody else take the depreciation hit. My car listed for $56,000.00. I bought it for $29,300 with brand new OEM Michelins (approx $1200.00 cost) in 2012 (2 years old). It did have higher mileage, at about 40K, but was a one owner female owned car. I could not justify spending $25-$27,000,00 more for new. Also, it is Ford/Lincoln certified with a better than factory warranty length (to 1/2016 or 100K miles). Original Lincoln warranty was 4 years/50K miles, so I was still under the original warranty when I bought it.

Awesome... I love driving this car also. I used to have a V8 cougar, then a 2002 WS6 Trans am... Then i had to sell it to buy a house and got a 2003 Toyota matrix as a commuter. After years of working hard, i was able to get another REAL car and my wife authorized a new Camaro ss... Then she got pregnant. I heard about the SHO, and it seemed like a practical alternative. I never thought i would like a turbo 6 this much. I don't think I'll go back to NA cars ever again. Congrats on your ride.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Archived