Ecoboost Owner Forums

Illuminated door sill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know where to buy an illuminated door sill that says "TAURUS" or "TAURUS SHO". I see FoMoCo makes them for the Fusion' date=' you would think they could make them for ours also. Thanks.[/quote']

I would like one that just said SHO like the ones that they have on the SVT's!!! Hmmm you might be able to find a vendor on the 'net that would custom make one?!?! Give it a whurl!!! I'd get in on it if you could get one!!!!

If this helps, my 2010 MKS came standard with them. They light up the letters "LINCOLN". The point is, if you bought 1 of those, you knowThe that it would fit perfectly in your car on the door sill. Or at least I think it would. Then, all you have to do, is exchange the piece that says Lincoln on it. That might be easier for a vendor to fabricate.

If this helps' date=' my 2010 MKS came standard with them. They light up the letters "LINCOLN". The point is, if you bought 1 of those, you knowThe that it would fit perfectly in your car on the door sill. Or at least I think it would. Then, all you have to do, is exchange the piece that says Lincoln on it. That might be easier for a vendor to fabricate.[/quote']

Todd, could you post a photo of your sills when you get a chance? That might be helpful...but I believe you are correct it would be easier to find someone to fabricate the insert.

Here are the photos of the MKS. While I would think the MKS sill will fit the SHO, I don't know about the MKT^^^, as that is based on the Flex. BVut I agree Rod, the lit up sill is pretty neat, far more interesting to me than the mutli color interior LED light options.

MKS sill:

sillMKS.jpg

silltwomks.jpg

Agree - should have been on the SHO. I do think it would be pretty easy to fabricate that inside letter cutout part though. Then you will need the wiring........I have removed it before looking for my rattle - it is secured with a wiring adapter (plug -in). That should be relatively easy too - the wiring may even already be there in the SHO.....

I really wish our late model SHO's came with this as an option.

I would've opted in on it, in a heartbeat.

Perhaps I'll have to start harrassing some of the vendors I know to come up with something.

Not sure how long that process would take, but I'll start pestering a few of the one's I know, and see how receptive the idea is to them......

I will be taking off the door sill plate tonight to check if there is some wiring under there. Thanks all. If there is wiring, then all is good. I can order the Lincoln door sills, with the lighting already in place. My neighbor makes signs for businesses, hopefully he can make an insert in plastic that has a brushed steel appearance. But that is all dependent on the wiring. If no wiring, then I have to find where to hook up some wiring into the LCM. But damn, I am really Jonesing for some lights down there.

And of course, If I can get my neighbor to make inserts, if y'all like them, I will get more made.

I would think that the connection to hook the wiring for the lights should be there...maybe Todd could give us some hint as to where the connection between the light wiring connects to the harness is located. Hope this is a do-able project, I would love to have the illuminated sills.

I will be taking off the door sill plate tonight to check if there is some wiring under there. Thanks all. If there is wiring, then all is good. I can order the Lincoln door sills, with the lighting already in place. My neighbor makes signs for businesses, hopefully he can make an insert in plastic that has a brushed steel appearance. But that is all dependent on the wiring. If no wiring, then I have to find where to hook up some wiring into the LCM. But damn, I am really Jonesing for some lights down there.

And of course, If I can get my neighbor to make inserts, if y'all like them, I will get more made.

Yea, I would def. get in on a group buy for that!!! It would be cool if the lighting in there could be made like a light greenish or red or something like that!!!! put me down on the list for a set either way!!!

It is. My husband's 2013 Pony has it in the door. The color it glows also varies when you tinker with your illuminated lighting options. I always change it to purple when I drive it, and I love it. Honestly, I'd like to see change out for the lighting under the sideview mirrors that cast SHO on the ground. Our Mustang when you unlock it or open the door at night, the lights cast the Famous Pony on the ground, both sides.

I wonder if you would be able to take out the inserts in there currently, cut out the lettering, install led lighting underneath and cover with some form of sheet plastic? Just going off of what I know the Mustang's looks like

That does look good....it would be great if they an insert were available for the SHO....funny that it wasn't at least offered as an option' date=' since I believe on some level of the Mustang it is available.[/quote']

That is a nifty little feature on the mustang side view mirrors Steph. Would be cool if our projected a SHO or a bull on to the ground. Also I havent forgot about them letters' date=' the once set I had given to a member could not locate I know I have some still I will get on finding them asap.[/quote']

Thanks so much! Take your time. It's freezing up here and after the lovely Hurricane Sandy incident with my shutters and then the molding strip between my roof and door edges got ripped up and almost off my car (odd and random), I'm basically just getting her ready for the winter and calling it a day for now. 20's tonight for temps.

The wiring to the LEDs for the ambient lighting is not just a single, powered line. There are multiple single color LEDs and the power to each is modulated to produce the selected color. You'd want the wiring for the overhead interior lights to also light the door sills.

I'll try to make some time this week to check the MKS service manual to see if they just tap the interior illumination or if they used a dedicated terminal from the lighting module for the sills.

-Rod

Archived