Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ecoboost Badge

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i looked into having these made today. The cost isn't cheap for an aluminum insert (to match the factory one) with the custom screen printed graphic. I know everyone is interested, but can you give me an idea what these would be worth to you to see if it's worth while?

Also, do you think you would want them with the leaf like the factory or without?

What about a printed decal to reduce cost? If you put a layer of vinyl down first, then the real decal on top, it would minimize the EcoBoost from protruding behind it. Just a thought.

If the color combo is going to stay the same, I would prefer the leaf to be on it. As for price, I'd be willing to pay $20-$30 for an aluminum badge.

For me, if it's a quality aluminum type of insert that would replace what's currently in use, I would say around $50.

As far as suggestions on using vinyl, eh.... I would shy away from it personally.

The @ss end of our cars seems to collect an inordinate amount of crap/dirt/debris etc....

Not to mention that vinyl is a very conforming material by design. Even a thick grade / mil of vinyl would still show the underlying slightly raised lettering that appears from the OEM badging.

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

I agree with Mike, it's quality with the counts...although if they are real pricey I would only get 2. But price isn't a real concern for a sharp one of a kind piece like this one. Just to be clear I don't like the idea of the decal insert. Also I would prefer the leaf on the emblem.

Thanks guys. I am trying to figure out the best method of making these. I want them to look OEM, no a vinyl sticker. The factory emblem has a metal plate inserted into the emblem that is embossed with the leaf, then printed. I doubt the leaf embossing will happen, but I want to duplicate the quality of the insert. I will price it out and see how much just an insert plate will cost and maybe the cost of a bunch of new emblems with the new insert already installed. I will keep you posted.

Thanks guys. I am trying to figure out the best method of making these. I want them to look OEM' date=' no a vinyl sticker. The factory emblem has a metal plate inserted into the emblem that is embossed with the leaf, then printed. I doubt the leaf embossing will happen, but I want to duplicate the quality of the insert. I will price it out and see how much just an insert plate will cost and maybe the cost of a bunch of new emblems with the new insert already installed. I will keep you posted.[/quote']

Thanks for your work on this!

Nice. You can count me in for one as long as they are reasonable in cost .. now that I have decided to keep the SHO for a couple of years, I am going to starting modding a bit more .. still kicking myself for passing on Chris's pod ... don't want to miss this.

Archived