Ecoboost Owner Forums

My Hood Vents... (pic heavy)

Scrming

Wanted to do some hood vents.... wife is out of town... kids are at Grandma's... hmmmm... swung by MRT to see what we could come up with...

After popping the hood liner off, it became apparent our choice and placement would be a bit limited if we didn't want to cut through the structure on the under side of the hood and stay on the flat part on the top of the hood. With that said here we go...

1) Template laid out

hood1.jpg

2) Past the point of No Return!

hood2.jpg

3) One big can opener!

hood3.jpg

4) Easy access dip-stick!

hood4.jpg

5) The under side

hood5.jpg

6 & 7) The finished product!

hood6.jpg

hood7.jpg

I'm VERY HAPPY with the way this little Saturday afternoon project turned out! Yes, i realize the vents are sideways, but hey the motor is in sideways too! ;)

Thanks, guys!!

Yep, got about 6000 miles on the ST... so yes, I stood there thinking to myself, "OMG, were going to cut holes in my brand new car!" LOL! But Scott had been drilling and cutting on my cars seen 2005, so I trust him completely!

Here he is in February 2006 drilling holes in my 2005 Mustang:

mrthood_7.jpg

Very nice John' date=' compliments car well. Where did the hood vents come from or intend to go on?[/quote']

Thanks! They are GT500 2007-2009 vents.

They look great! Understand completely how tough it is to cut hoods in a new car' date=' but they really came out looking great, nice idea and even better look![/quote']

Thanks!!!

Sure adds pizzazz! Are they functional?

Yep, they are functional... Hopefully we can pull of the next idea to add even more pizzazz!!!

Very nice John!

I thought reading through your first post that you were putting them on the Flex until I opened the pictures... Lol! We told you you were to turn on the dark side of modding that Focus. You almost were persuasive when you saud you wouldn't that I thought you coukd have waited until June... But you impress me!

Very nice John!

I thought reading through your first post that you were putting them on the Flex until I opened the pictures... Lol! We told you you were to turn on the dark side of modding that Focus. You almost were persuasive when you saud you wouldn't that I thought you coukd have waited until June... But you impress me!

I tried to fight the mod-bug on the Focus... didn't work out so well.. so now it's GAME ON! ;)

And THANKS!!

the hood looks great and i love the look and finishing results is nice and different !! and yes i totally understand the scare of cutting holes in ya hood. great job !!!

C71B6DC8-C71E-4728-96C7-ED5D7222536E-12520-00000ADDF55D4D4B.jpg

4D8DD062-DF62-4B7F-AC85-2062FF33B9B0-12520-00000ADE0870A3EE.jpg

Thanks!!!

And hopefully, it things go as planned, the ST will be in the paint both too... probably not until spring though... and the wait will be killing me! ;)