Ecoboost Owner Forums

2015 Taurus

Popular Mechanics posted what they think is the new MKS. However, if you look closely at the grill, it doesn't seem to have the new Lincoln signature and instead looks like the next Taurus.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/preview-concept/2014-lincoln-mks-car-spy#slide-2

It's interesting that they mention this appears to be larger than the current MKS. Based on image 1 of the 5 I was thinking it looks small and seems to have the same profile as the new Fusion, which would suggest MKZ rather than MKS. Even the wheels seem to resemble the wheels on the Fusion Hybrid....

-Rod

There has been some rumblings as of late that the Taurus might not move over to the Fusion platform in 2015. Large car sales have been slipping and are down into Minivan type sales numbers.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/03/chart-of-the-day-full-size-sedan-freefall/#more-481933

But given the fact that the next gen Edge would share its platform with the next gen Taurus (think the current Fusion platform widened up about 3 inches, instead of being longer) and then consider that same platform could be lengthed up to replace the next gen Explorer, well you have a good business case to add about 100K+ plus sales of the Taurus and MKX to the already 200K+ plus Edge and MKX sales you have.

I just wonder how Ford is going to be able to build Fusions and Taurus/MKZ along with the Mustang all in one plant. With that Volume alone, your looking at least 400K (100K Mustang, 100k Taurus and another 150-200K Fusions) units a year since Flat Rock is the overflow plant for the Fusion from Hermosillo. I know Ford has plans for 300K Fusions a year, but they also have to make them for South America at Hermosillo and that plant is maxed out right now.

. I never feel like my left leg gets completely comfortable' date=' mainly bothers me on longer trips. Instead of going straight back to a good spot it curves in toward the pedals and my foot and leg don't ever seem to rest completely comfortable. Anyone else notice this? .[/quote']

yes. there is not enough drivers foot room. My knee to shin angle is almost 90 degrees. at 6'3" my shins below the knee hit the under dash panel. just not comfortable. if i move the seat back any further, the steering wheel is then out of position.

i think to fix the foot problem, the telescoping wheel needs to extend farther.

i think to fix the foot problem' date=' the telescoping wheel needs to extend farther.[/quote']

I am also 6'3" and agree about the foot position, but I leave my seat up a bit because trying to reach the Touch Screen is next to impossible without leaning forward when the seat is all the way back.

I would also like to have bigger cup holders' date=' good luck putting 2 big gulps side by side, and more storage room in the center console, barely even fit a compact pistol in the current one.[/quote']

1 or 2 bigger cup holders would be nice, but the number of cup holders in the car is awesome!

The center console room is non-existent. I have yet to try to fit my pistol in there though. Reminds me that i need to carry it more.

yes. there is not enough drivers foot room. My knee to shin angle is almost 90 degrees. at 6'3" my shins below the knee hit the under dash panel. just not comfortable. if i move the seat back any further, the steering wheel is then out of position.

Its a D3 platform problem...the footwells on the platform are too shallow IMO. I noticed it in my Parents Sable and when I was in a Flex and then the newer Explorer...same issue.

I am also 6'3" and agree about the foot position, but I leave my seat up a bit because trying to reach the Touch Screen is next to impossible without leaning forward when the seat is all the way back.

1 or 2 bigger cup holders would be nice, but the number of cup holders in the car is awesome!

The center console room is non-existent. I have yet to try to fit my pistol in there though. Reminds me that i need to carry it more.

Cooled/Heated cup holders like in the Chrysler 300 would be the only change I would make besides an optional $3-4K Brembo brake upgrage like in SRT models.

Ford can get a lot more power out of the 3.5 ecoboost - just look what the aftermarket tuners have done. They really don't need to use the 3.7. One reason they have not offered more power is because the current 6F55 transmission is pretty much at it's design limit (from Ford's conservative perspective) with the current power levels.

They are supposedly working on an 8 speed automatic and I am betting that it will be robust enough to handle the ecoboost with more HP and torque.

This post "http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2012/10/gearing-up-new-gmford-10-speed-automatic-part-of-transmission-revolution/" say you are right that ford is builting not a 8speed but 9&10 speed transmission.