Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tune loaded!!!wow!!!

Yep just installed my tune. I got rick to send me the 91 and 93 octane so i loaded on the 91 since 92 is whats in the car now and im telling a huge difference in power. The tranny shifts faster and smoother. It was well worth the money so far. Great job rick and thanks to anthony for walking me through the process over the phone. Not sure how much better the 93 octane will perform but im very satisfied thus far!!!

We told you...

Yes, indeed we did (tell him)..... as we have coaxed all the other non-believers over the years.

I wish more people would hop on the LMS train, cuz the transformations are unbelievable!

I started another thread asking about the difference i would see in the 91 vs 93. What do yall think?

Yes, there is a difference between the 91 and 93 tunes. You will notice a difference, and yes, you should go out of your way to get that gas station near you that sells the 93.

Well worth the effort, as well as being well worth all the joyous experiences you'll have spanking all the other unsuspecting wannabes out there on any given roadway.

I have a certified warranty until 2016. However, I want to enjoy my car the most that I can. While tuning will, of course, potentially exclude some repairs. You're not throwing away the entire warranty. Un related items, such as A/C, electronics, etc will still be covered. I was very nervous, like you, but now that I know the gains, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I shake my head every time I see and read one of these threads. Ugh!! :love: I'd LOVE to do the tune' date=' but I doubt I will with an extended bumper-to-bumper / power train warranty.[/quote']

I have an extended warranty and if I had waited til it expired to tune the car....I'd probably hang myself!!! Seriously, I understand you not doing it, but if you ever get a chance to ride/drive a tuned car...do it. But if you finally do get the tune, you will kick yourself for waiting. My dealer does know I have the car tuned and I have not had any warranty issues at all.

If you are willing to tune your car, do it... I don't understand people wanting to wait until the warranty is over... Then what? If you tune your car and it causes damages to the car, you will end up paying anyways! At least, if it's under warranty, you have a chance that it still can pass under warranty... I understand that someone should drive it stock a few months to make sure that it is not a lemon, but after, I don't see the logic, really there is not...

That is pure logic if someone is to tune his car one day.

During that time, you can enjoy the car better. With a good tune (in my case I trust Livernois), you will most likely have no more issues than if you were driving the car stock. But if you were to have issues, you have more chance to have when the car has 60k miles or 100k miles (whatever is the warranty). I don't keep my cars until 100k miles anyways, so to drive Livernois' tune in a recent car allows me to enjoy the car a few years with no worries as opposed to wait after warranty, tune the car and regretting not having done it before and ending up selling the car back after a few months because a newer model has arrived...

Don't wait if you plan on tuning your car.

I would like to hear one good argument prooving that logic wrong, I have yet been able to hear one.

Thanks!

I didn't tune mine until about 32,000 miles. The only reason I didn't is because I had no idea that quality tunes could be had without taking the car to a shop with a dyno, spending a lot of money and then likely having unintended consequences. I assumed that "chips" or "canned" tunes were snake oil. I had been participating in other forums where tunes were never discussed - until tss suggested coming over here. I then read every post here and every other place I could find that discussed tunes. If I had known 3 years ago what I know now, my MKS would have been tuned a long time ago. Steve's comments on the warranty situation mirror my thoughts exactly.

I didn't tune mine until about 32' date='000 miles. The only reason I didn't is because I had no idea that quality tunes could be had without taking the car to a shop with a dyno, spending a lot of money and then likely having unintended consequences. I assumed that "chips" or "canned" tunes were snake oil. I had been participating in other forums where tunes were never discussed - until tss suggested coming over here. I then read every post here and every other place I could find that discussed tunes. If I had known 3 years ago what I know now, my MKS would have been tuned a long time ago. Steve's comments on the warranty situation mirror my thoughts exactly.[/quote']

Bruce, I was in much the same train of throught as you...after having bought a chip and a tuner, I would have never guessed how much the LMS tunes would improve the car. I also agree with Steve, although I would have never articulated it as well as Steve did, he makes great points. Anyway, I know that tuning the car has really made the car much better to drive and since I have now had it tuned for over 2 years with no ill effects, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Glad to help making a decision you won't regret. Pay me back with a beer this summer if you are happy with your tune! Cheers!

The "MASTER JEDI of SPEED" has used that old Jedi mind trick on a new group of Jedi patawa's(young speed junky's) to bring them to the "THE TWIN FORCE"(Ford 1st name for the EcoBoost)LOL I've been a Speed Jedi ever sence a mounth after jointing this forum in Feb 2012. And now I have the fastest tune only time in the club(THE 12sec Club) at 12.669sec.HEEEEEEHA PS my servise manger has a LMS tune F150 never had a warranty problem and now I've 43000mi on the car. Just ran a 12.8 last night on a bad track.